VOG Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3312 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
@BrotherWind ....waiting on reply....I'm interested in taking wife on a trip trip...when STRIKE over of course.(y)
Canadian Rockies, what a great place to ride. From the looks of you guys it's starting to cool off up there.
@lou8700 ...Sault St Marie, Canada to Alaska was plan for summer ride this year (had 2 thoughts). Canada said was going to change Covid restrictions before Memorial Day. They did, EXCEPT, still needed jab or test within 3 days. I figured would have to be tested 4-6 times during trip, so canceled, till they open without the BS requirement. Other trip canceled to...that was go to Port Huron, MI, across bridge thru Canada to Niagara Falls. Proceed NY, VT and ME, then only Alaska to do and we've been in all states in 7 years. (riding, no trailer, except to Florida. But did ride back from Florida, "Subdude" towed my bike, I flew down, for Bike Week. Left at friends and flew home, when weather warm, flew back down and rode bike back home.)

NO TOURIST MONEY SPENT IN CANADA....YET

PS...SO, I've been down to ride with the FAMOUS MOUNTAINRIDER 6 times this year. Heading down for 7th, SEPT 23rd, with wife this time, HER choice, the Smokies. Looking at around 2-3 weeks(y) (have 5 day fall trip with @pastor Justin and 5 others, during that time):cool:
***PICS TO FOLLOW during or after.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
View attachment 635795

Friday rode solo from Oswego, IL on Route 71 all the way through Starved Rock until it ended at Route 26 and went down to Peoria, crossed the Illinois River, and came back up 29 & Route 6. Had lunch at the Boondocks in Seneca. For those in the area, much of Route 71 & 26 have been newly paved so the ride was smooth as silk. About 275 miles over all. Sunday my wife and I rode up to New Glarus, WI. She's not much into taking the highway which is fine my me 'cause we can take the back roads and is much more of a scenic ride. The Pin got serenaded by a couple guys playing alphorns across the street. Chalked up another 275 miles on that ride. Since New Glarus Brewery is closed Sundays we resorted to fill up the T-Bags full of Spotted Cow brew. We'll enjoy one or three today :beer2:
Lunch at Boondocks many a time when I lived back that way and Fat Daddy’s down the road

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Plant

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Natural landscape

Rode from Phoenix to Alpine, AZ this past weekend. 650 twisties in 120 miles, from Morenci to Alpine and a 9,000 ft climb in elevation.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
@BrotherWind ....waiting on reply....I'm interested in taking wife on a trip trip...when STRIKE over of course.(y)

@lou8700 ...Sault St Marie, Canada to Alaska was plan for summer ride this year (had 2 thoughts). Canada said was going to change Covid restrictions before Memorial Day. They did, EXCEPT, still needed jab or test within 3 days. I figured would have to be tested 4-6 times during trip, so canceled, till they open without the BS requirement. Other trip canceled to...that was go to Port Huron, MI, across bridge thru Canada to Niagara Falls. Proceed NY, VT and ME, then only Alaska to do and we've been in all states in 7 years. (riding, no trailer, except to Florida. But did ride back from Florida, "Subdude" towed my bike, I flew down, for Bike Week. Left at friends and flew home, when weather warm, flew back down and rode bike back home.)

PS...SO, I've been down to ride with the FAMOUS MOUNTAINRIDER 6 times this year. Heading down for 7th, SEPT 23rd, with wife this time, HER choice, the Smokies. Looking at around 2-3 weeks(y) (have 5 day fall trip with @pastor Justin and 5 others, during that time):cool:
I've already been thru all 48 states as well and no trailer was ever used. I did manage to go into Canada during one of my trips but that was before this Covid non-sense.

I'm just waiting to make the trip up to Alaska and fly to Hawaii and rent a motorcycle then I'll be satisfied for a good while.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

I replied if it's about the train. Other than that IDK what you're asking?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I've already been thru all 48 states as well and no trailer was ever used. I did manage to go into Canada during one of my trips but that was before this Covid non-sense.

I'm just waiting to make the trip up to Alaska and fly to Hawaii and rent a motorcycle then I'll be satisfied for a good while.
I’m on the same page as you

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
Hope this works. In July, riding with @PastorJustin, his Dad and Randy. TUCKER, the dog, his passenger....

Heading back down tomorrow for 3+ weeks, ride with the FAMOUS MOUNTAINRIDER and a 5 day Fall Trip with @PastorJustin , his Dad, others from his Church and Randy. BUT no Tucker, to long of a ride for him, good for day ride only. (OH, and my wife, she likes fast curves 😁) Will be in Murphy, NC Sept 25 till Oct1. With Justin Oct 2-6. Then back to Murphy, NC Oct 6- at least Oct 13th, maybe longer. PM me if can join, week before trip, trip, and week after. ALL welcome.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Attempted my first Iron Butt Tuesday from Troutdale Or. to St. George Utah. I was successful in making the journey and it was not as grueling as I expected. If I didn’t have social obligations here (Wife’s family) I would have done the saddle sore.
Southern Utah is a beautiful place to ride and I plan on making the most of it while I’m here.

I‘m open to suggestions from those that know the state and can point out some “don’t miss” places. I am already planning on heading to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and spending the night. Also heading out to Hwy.163.
Probably head north after that to Moab. Already been to Zion.
Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel Mode of transport

Blue Receipt Hood Automotive lighting Electric blue

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Attempted my first Iron Butt Tuesday from Troutdale Or. to St. George Utah. I was successful in making the journey and it was not as grueling as I expected. If I didn’t have social obligations here (Wife’s family) I would have done the saddle sore.
Southern Utah is a beautiful place to ride and I plan on making the most of it while I’m here.

I‘m open to suggestions from those that know the state and can point out some “don’t miss” places. I am already planning on heading to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and spending the night. Also heading out to Hwy.163.
Probably head north after that to Moab. Already been to Zion.
View attachment 636323
View attachment 636324
Monument valley, Mexican hat are really nice. Arches in Moab a must!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Greetings @13SicVic,

Agree southern Utah is one of my favorite places. Go east out of Cedar City (Hwy14), if you can work over to Bryce Canyon. That first valley out of Cedar City is a great ride in the AM hours. Bryce Canyon is incredible.

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hiya u all from Down Under (Australia), attached my fuel docket from last month (August) Octane fuel 98 @ $1:80 per litre, this month its jumped up to $ 2:00 per litre...................hmmm is this telling us we are running out of fossil fuel or the world wide Covid has cost GOVERNMENTS BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$..................The Truth Is Out There...........................

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bit of a trip out yesterday on the less travelled roads of SH1. Nice weather (well 10-14 deg C) but it was not raining so happy as - finally ended up down in Taieri Mouth again before final leg home to chill out. Summers coming..... it is finally getting warmer down south !

Just seen Rags comments above re fuel - here in NZ a litre 95/98 is NZ$2.53 which converts roughly to USD1.45 - no use fighting it; it is what it is unfortunately.
PP: that would make it here in NZ at USD5.37 perGal - do not know how that compares to stateside?
And we are more expensive that Aussie too as the govt likes to put additional taxes on everything!

Map World Atlas Parallel Rectangle
Water Sky Wheel Tire Cloud
Map World Atlas Parallel Rectangle
Water Sky Wheel Tire Cloud

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
@13SicVic yes southern utah is spectacular never gets old I’ve run all of it thru the years and hit it again this year. My wife’s favorite spot Dead Horse canyon just outside of Moab and definitely run Black Bills canyon which runs for about 28 miles along the colorado river. If you run out Of stuff hit me up I’ll give you a few more canyons to run.

·
Registered
406 Posts
yup it is wot it is........................smick looking ride too boot..........................

oh while on the subject of fuel, Diesel is a by-product it meant to be cheap as chips but its as high as all hell, again the people are being screwed time and time again, when I woz truckin' the vastness of this once great brown land, the semi's fuel woz over 1/2 of the gross earnings of that truck yearly, inturn if the lorry woz earning 200 grand a year its fuel bill woz 100 grand plus...................

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
oh while on the subject of fuel, Diesel is a by-product it meant to be cheap as chips but its as high as all hell, again the people are being screwed time and time again, when I woz truckin' the vastness of this once great brown land, the semi's fuel woz over 1/2 of the gross earnings of that truck yearly, inturn if the lorry woz earning 200 grand a year its fuel bill woz 100 grand plus...................
That wasn't too long ago. That's a newer model Mack in the picture. Nice lookin truck. I drive a 2019 Peterbilt but have a brand new Mack on order. It was supposed to be here at the beginning of September but the factory can't get parts so the new Mack won't be here til next spring. Really sucks waitin.

Reactions: Rags

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
I had a lil time to ride solo so I broke out the old mans crotch rocket for some throttle therapy, had almost forgot how fun the katana is. She’s such a fantastic bike for those 20-80 mph roads because you pretty much just leave her in third gear and let her sing. This is the new lodge at old mans cave in Hocking Hills Ohio and will open very soon, it’s gonna be a super nice place to stay for hiking, riding & site seeing

3281 - 3300 of 3312 Posts