VOG Forum banner
3261 - 3280 of 3312 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
The mural or the bicycle? It appears one took longer to leave behind
I realised as soon as I posted that I hadn't really made it clear, it was late and I'd has a couple of beers while listening to Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses. The lack of an edit function in the new format meant I couldn't update it. To make it clear, while riding my dump rescue bicycle, I found the mural, but your post did make me laugh Brad.
Nice bench
And you sir have a truly creative sense of humour. I didn't expect that answer.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Very cool. Although a Coyote splattered on front would be funny.
It's Oz, would have to be a dingo. On the retaining wall on the other side of the tracks is:
Motor vehicle Brickwork Brick Urban design Art

Apparently they are both locos that were used on this line that closed in 1964. The murals are completely unannounced, no signage, just sitting there under the old disused bridge.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
The lack of an edit function in the new format meant I couldn't update it.
edit is under the 3 dots in the upper right of the post on my phone.
Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia Software

Reactions: Obi Steve

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
few moons ago cruised to Quorn in South Australia from Port Augusta, one magical cruise on the old steam train...............
I took an Amtrak from NY to Colorado, Round trip, and it was excellent. Trains are really fun to travel on and you meet a lot of people from other countries, like sailing. Nice picture.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Got out for a ride to the Lake Erie Islands. Spent a wonderful day with my beautiful co-pilot. Not many curves but lots of nice scenery.
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got out for a ride to the Lake Erie Islands. Spent a wonderful day with my beautiful co-pilot. Not many curves but lots of nice scenery. View attachment 636176 View attachment 636177
Interesting spotlight arrangement, optimised for curves I guess. Over here we tend to shine them straight way down the road, watching for Skippy and his mates, or cattle, feral pigs, wombats, deer, camels or brumbies.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Interesting spotlight arrangement, optimised for curves I guess. Over here we tend to shine them straight way down the road, watching for Skippy and his mates, or cattle, feral pigs, wombats, deer, camels or brumbies.
Zoom in on the light, I believe that a shadow on the chrome is messing with what you think you're seeing.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Not sure where you’re riding to and from Lou but have a great ride. I’m fixin to call the work thing DONE. Seriously considering property in Arkansas. Wouldn’t mind hearing more about your impression of the ride and Arkansas. Keep the rubber side down.
as in when moving from cali to texas, since pa. leans left, come on down, just dont bring the leftist policies with ya.:D
Yeah......not sure here either. doesn't compliment the bike.
honestly, stay with the first clear one. looks better.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
How long ago and what was the cost? did you get a roomette or something else.
haven't taken a trip on a train since I was very young.
It was in the early 80's. Not to pricey. We just got seats and used the observation car a lot. Food and drinks with those windows that curve around ceiling. The way home was so much nicer because it took the Northern route. Extremely scenic.
They let you roam around to different cars and very relaxing. Took an extra day due to car on tracks. Apparently that happened often. Would do it again. I think of that trip everytime I hear the song " Might as Well".

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Traveled on the train from Houston to Nebraska with my mom around '65. I was 10ish. Great experience. Especially at night with the sound of the tracks and the dark countryside going by. Went to see mom's sister.

3261 - 3280 of 3312 Posts