VOG Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 3312 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've got a phobia of bridges ever since I watched that movie. Crossing the Mackinac Bridge hasn't been the same since :eek:
That Mothman and in its various renditions and sightings was first written about in colonial times in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, a million acre forest. They called it the Jersey Devil. My best guess is it is interdimensional and maybe demonic. Really never directly attacks people, just scares the hell out of them.

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Crossing the Mackinac Bridge hasn't been the same since :eek:
That one is on my bucket list, I just gotta see the view and feel the weirdness at least once. I’ve ridden across other steel grated bridges but nothing that high or long... thanks for the picture dean, I didn’t know it had 1 normal lane and 1 grated

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
That one is on my bucket list, I just gotta see the view and feel the weirdness at least once. I’ve ridden across other steel grated bridges but nothing that high or long... thanks for the picture dean, I didn’t know it had 1 normal lane and 1 grated
@Bikesofbrads ...make sure to give me heads up if go. AND, if have a day or 2, will take you to some cool places up there.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Yeah, and Mackinac Island is interesting and the UP is a whole different experience. You'll like it. Go during blueberry season.

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
Yeah, and Mackinac Island is interesting and the UP is a whole different experience. You'll like it. Go during blueberry season.
@MagVic CCT , @Bikesofbrads and others..
.Mackinaw Island is the same as it was when I first went at 12...72 now, and have returned only a few times, to go along with out of town friends. ONLY difference is PRICES, bring lots of cash and maybe 2 cards, with no balance.
NOTE: As stated, I'd ONLY go again if out of towner friend wanted to. I'd go on horse carriage ride around island, then be at dock to save friends a seat on boat back to mainland, upon return.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yep, you get to experience getting directions by "blinky things". "Turn left at the second blinky thing" :D

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
@MagVic CCT , @Bikesofbrads and others..
.Mackinaw Island is the same as it was when I first went at 12...72 now, and have returned only a few times, to go along with out of town friends. ONLY difference is PRICES, bring lots of cash and maybe 2 cards, with no balance.
NOTE: As stated, I'd ONLY go again if out of towner friend wanted to. I'd go on horse carriage ride around island, then be at dock to save friends a seat on boat back to mainland, upon return.
I don't really have an urgent desire to go to the island (smelled like HS last time I was there, probably still does), but for someone who's not been it's a one and done experience.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
give me heads up if go. AND, if have a day or 2, will take you to some cool places up there.
I was going to let you find me on your doorstep like a stray kitten :giggle:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice easy ride around some of the more twisty off highway roads to be taken. Final stop at Middlemarch for coffee and although photo does not quite show it; still snow up top of the range. First half of the trip was cold fog-cloud overhead but that soon burned off once headed inland and the temperature actually hit 12 deg C - summers coming....
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Map Ecoregion World Biome Screenshot
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Map Ecoregion World Biome Screenshot

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Got out for 300+ of all twisty backroads with my favorite “co-pilot” as we rode to Athens, OH to spend the afternoon with our kid💕. Nice lunch, (girls had cocktails) and then we headed back home with a dinner stop at a very tasty place in Ohio Amish County. 13 hours with over 7 in the saddle! Perfect day!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Circus in town.....clowns everywhere.
Very nice. If you passed out drunk under that thing and woke up it could scare the crap out of you.

3241 - 3260 of 3312 Posts