Show us a picture from your ride this weekend | Page 119 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Show us a picture from your ride this weekend

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CruzR, Feb 5, 2017.

1. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Vision
    Ive mentioned my reason a couple of times on other threads, but will answer here too. Two reasons:
    1) I like the added space it gives. Especially being able to secure my helmet while I’m away from the bike
    2) the bike feels more balanced front to back with the trunk on. With the trunk off, it feels front heavy when tipping into a corner or low speed mauevers.

that being said, I don’t think there is a sexier bike out there than a trunkless Vision. I’m just too practical, I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  2. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    For me I have never had the trunk off my 13. I use it far too much. I like having a large lockable area to put things when I park. In Houston that can really help things from walking off but then it also keeps things out of the Texas sun and rain. Being I ride to work often I can put my lunch, little bag, and water bottle all in the trunk so if I do have to stop I don't have to worry about loosing my lunch. Those times I will either carry my helmet in or lock it using the bar end helmet locks.

The only thing I really notice between the two options is the look. While I think the Vision is sexy in general I think it is really sexy topless.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ByteN2it

ByteN2it Well-Known Member

'99 V92C & '09 Vision
    Arkvic said "sorry, gotta ask, why ride your vision with the trunk on if not going for a week long or so ride? just wonderin. have seen others on here doing the same[with trunk], when i believe they ride sooooo much better sans trunk. jmo of course."

Arkvic, I got no problem with keeping the trunk on the Vision, I got Blue Thunder if I want to go fast & light. I like the storage space, I like the balanced sound with the rear speakers, no telling when the wife may jump on & she's gotta have a back rest, no place to store a trunk when its off, & I don't want to mess with taking it off-I do have the filler panel if I ever choose to. If I do take a tour, like I'm planning at the end of this month, she's ready to go.
    Maybe some day I'll pull it off but most likely it will stay

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    Ended up with awesome weather in the UP over the weekend. Better than that the traffic was clear from NW Chicago through Milwaukee and all the way to Manistique where we stayed. Days were around 70 and no rain until Sunday night. Thanks to all that responded about travel conditions.

20200905_140920.jpg
    20200904_185357.jpg
    20200906_103217.jpg
    20200906_164633.jpg
    IMG_20200907_192228.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  5. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Vic magnum harley ultra
    Burned a tank today out to lunch and back. 190 miles only 3rd good day out all season. But all the things I had going on are about done. House is sold and moved out Saturday after retiring Friday. Closing tomorrow 9am ! Set up in one of me Club Brothers house for next 3 weeks tighten a few things up and AZ bound. Felt great to get out and the kicker is no work tomorrow or the day after etc etc so yes I’m going riding ! Summer flew but and literally didn’t do much of anything but prepare for this. Or is it me ? Everyone is like wtf happened to summer ! 2582B830-07B7-4FE0-8D78-350C87828B1C.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    Congrats and ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    How are you liking that bike?

8. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    @NY mike You’ll be getting out to AZ at about the perfect time. Sept is still usually a bit warm but by mid-end of Sep, it gets really nice!

...but you knew that already. Travel safe sir!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Where in AZ Mike have you decided to set up camp. This idea has been in my head a long time. Just can’t get honey to leave the 8 grand kids yet. Everyday I look at the weather in AZ / Sedona ........ it’s sunny and warm days with cool nights. I think could do it ! All the car and bike gatherings. The scenery and the ride ! Keep us posted !!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    This is what I see daily !!!! 33F26BE1-C8FC-4EA3-BB62-C7DA41F12921.png This is a daily ritual nice mornings that lead to crap afternoons so humid. Florida summers are the worst. 92B5EA5C-B403-43FA-B668-E9A32156914F.png

11. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Fl summer is a test of Will! Lol. Lived my sailboat in your area and don't miss the FL summer at all! I lived alot on the anchor so no AC. Some how I lasted almost 10 years before I moved and then to NM. AZ a bit pricey for me especially Sedona. But that's a perfect area.

12. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    this is true. Sedona is crazy expensive. Plenty of other places around that are much more reasonable, less congested and less touristy. Don’t get me wrong, the red rocks of Sedona are beautiful. But it’s easy to ride through and around that area from other places. Like Prescott or Cottonwood or even Payson.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NY mike

Vic magnum harley ultra
    Goodyear Vic in the SW valley of Phoenix. Prescott is awesome to many $$ for me lol. Prescott is also a great place as mentioned but home $ rising there also last few years. I’m good in the valley I spent some time there in the early 80,s. Not hard to beat the summer heat. 50 miles North and temp drops about 20 to 30 degrees. I got so much more for my money where I’m building in comparison. Me personally I’m good to 105 hell I ride in that every summer somewhere heading west. But above that it’s not a dry heat it’s a Hot heat ! I love riding West that’s why I chose it New Mexico Calley Utah Colorado everything is so much closer what can I say it just works for me.

• Like Like x 4
  14. NY mike

Vic magnum harley ultra
    I’ve literally run it coast to coast twice thus far. Out of all the baggers I’ve owned and I’ve only owned American brands. Including every model Harley makes but a CVO Closest thing to this was my Magnum. But the Magnum had better points about it and vice verse. The Boss lady like this one the best it’s the ride factor. But she will be the first to say she could sneak more clothes with the Magnum and it’s way easier to pack. We are back to a bag on top of the tourpak again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Love the red rocks. Lived in Moab 3 seasons and just love cruising through that kind of stuff. One of the reasons why I stayed. I drive year round but after a couple months of 100+ I get tired by August end. Woooohooooo Sept is here. Already getting 40 degree daily swings.