VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3313 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few minutes from home between Boulder and Denver. I was riding north to a little town called Longmont.

Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Plant
Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
384 Posts
Didn't take any pictures, but if you're ever in the town of Sebastian FL on a Sunday, Earl's Hideaway is the place to be. Probably saw a hundred bikes there of all kinds. Saw a silver and white XC tour, a V92, and a beautiful red Vegas. Indoor and outdoor bars with burgers and such and a big stage with great live music. I had a great time.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Sat on my bike making growling sounds while the neighbors dog stared at me.....I HATE winter.

Dog Vertebrate Snow Carnivore Mammal

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sat on my bike making growling sounds while the neighbors dog stared at me.....I HATE winter.

View attachment 162049
@Kurbs I get teased by the weather here many times throughout winter and spring, but I can usually get in a couple of short rides each month in the winter. Sunday was 60-degrees, not unusual for a day here or there at the end of Jan, first of Feb. Most of our snow is yet to come, as Feb/March holds our greatest snowfall yearly. Our mountains are slammed now, with several watershed basins reporting well over 150% of average snowpack. But the greater metro area is clear.

It was so warm i wore my halfie helmet, which I rarely do (normally wear a Shoei Neotec modular), and didn't wear gloves, which I always wear. Don't know what got in to me!

I had a shadow for about 20-minutes yesterday. Turns out a guy on an Indian was tailing me. We eventually hit a small-town light, chatted, and rode on together for another 20- minutes before splitting up. Was fun to be riding with someone.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

First long ride on the X1.
Whistle noise around engine is driving me nuts. Gets louder with RPM, even sitting still in neutral so it's not the belt or trans. I swear it sounds like an intake air leak, but I stopped by the dealer and he said just get through the break in period and see if it changes.
How was the comfort?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I rode everyday last week. Rough weather 65 plus and sunny. This week is even worse 75 plus and sunny. Burrrrrr

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 163209

I rode everyday last week. Rough weather 65 plus and sunny. This week is even worse 75 plus and sunny. Burrrrrr
I will be in Vegas for a week long biz trip in April. I have rented bikes in the past just to get a fix. Also visited the former Arlen Ness Vic dealership. Bought the loudest wildest button up shirt I could possibly imagine from them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice. Yeah I liked it better as the Ness shop. If it isn't windy April is a great time to ride.

Don't worry all. When your enjoying your summer riding I will be crying cuz it's just to damn hot to enjoy a nice all day ride. Up at 6am and home by 8am 10lbs lighter from sweating.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 3313 Posts