VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Interesting. I've already gone through the list for myself and have decided to keep mine till....???
Chances are it will last for most of what I have left in me to ride. I have made no plans for another, and will worry about that when and if the time comes. It's a decision I will make on the fly.

Although, I've been tempted to pick up a Vision just because I have seen them around me for 5 to 7K with as little as less than 10K miles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess I'm just a brand loyal type of guy.I won't own anything but a Chrysler product and been that way for 40 years. I started riding Victory bikes 6 years ago and until I find something better I won't own anything else. I have had 5 Victory bikes and haven't had to get any of them towed or otherwise pulled. Yes, I did have a rear shock blow out on my Vision but other than that ,, no problems in thousands of miles. I worked as a Suzuki mechanic back in the early 70"s and I do all of my own work except for warranty work so I'm blessed there. I have had plenty of other brands and some were good, some were bad. I had several BMW K1200LT's and they were good bikes but just like a Victory ,dealers and parts were not readily available everywhere. I like the underdogs and like having something you don't pass a hundred of when you go out. As long as we can still get maintenance items I'm gonna keep my Victories.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Fortunately I got my Gunner from our local dealer. He does the ATVs and motorcycles, so he was carrying Victory and Indian. I liked the looks of the Victory and especially the Gunner over the others. I bought mine after the closing but the dealer/owner and I have had a few discussions regarding service and history of Victory motorcycles as they were one of the first dealers(first or second). Their plan is to continue to service the Victory for as long as people bring them in.
This will most likely be the last motorcycle I own. The wife isn't interested in riding so it's the solo seat for me and she is encouraging too.
Guess I'm lucky... great wife, great bike and great dealership...plus they're only 4 miles away!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Interesting. I've already gone through the list for myself and have decided to keep mine till....???
Chances are it will last for most of what I have left in me to ride. I have made no plans for another, and will worry about that when and if the time comes. It's a decision I will make on the fly.
Pretty much my view also, and will have to see what happens in the future. I am pretty much settled that my Vision will probably last me as long as I can ride and barring any unforeseen ****e it will probably be my last bike.

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I'm keeping mine till the bitter end! I watch bike shows, videos and reviews all the time. Sometimes I get the itch to switch but every time I start "really" looking and I see those price tags of bikes today I just kinda laugh. Drop 18 - 20 large for a bike that in the end may not measure up to what I am already riding? Doesn't make much sense to me. There is the Goldwing / K bike option but those machines are in price ranges that I am not comfortable with.

Now, would I buy another? It's not likely but that is because I will probably be looking for something more in the Sport Touring class and of course there are no Victory Sport Touring machines. I would never rule it out though. Stumble across a Sweet Hammer S for the right price. I'd take that thing right to the @Vicbuilder boys and have them do their magic. I could do that! I have all the bikes I need at the moment.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If you're purchasing a Vic now at reduced prices you're in a much different place than those who bought them in their prime. Original owners who paid high retail prices would be financially hurt selling or trading in now but someone buying that same bike now for 5 grand would be in a great position. They are getting a superior product at an affordable cost and wouldn't be expecting much in retained value. Ride it for a few years then sell it off again for $3,000.00 isn't much different than a lot of other bikes out there as far as $$$ goes. They'd be getting a better product with the Vic though but then in future years they'd have to live with comparing every other subsequent bike to the best one they ever had.

While I certainly wouldn't support Polaris in any of their product divisions I would look for another used KP should I need one.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
I would love to own a garage queen X1 in a few years after the current owner keeps it in a heated garage and drinks beer around she for a few more years.

Seriously I dont ever want to be without a bike again... I would like a Springer Evo too; and I enjoy fabricating stuff and building a rat-bike sounds like fun.

But I still LOVE my old Kp

·
Registered
724 Posts
HD came out with Electra Glide Standard, a 107 fairing bike with cruise control but no radio, nav, and optional abs at $19K. You can get a XC at less than half the price. Unless you’re wanting the latest gadgets (then the electraglide standard is not for you anyhow), getting a XC is a no brainer.

As to steel frames, you can get one for $6K. I challenge anyone to find a better production cruiser on the road today. It’s a no brainer.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I have an 2011XC and when they announced they were closing I ran out and bought an 2016XCT. Even though I could buy the same bike now for half the price I haven't regretted my decision for a minute. Would I buy one now? Yes! if only I had room. My brother has been toying with selling his because he doesn't ride that much anymore. I'm laying in the cut. Perhaps I could buy it from him and store it in his garage?
OK. Maybe I have a problem.....

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Most Victory owners I Know and/or hear talking about their experiences in riding, and that includes the chatter here, all seem to have one thing in common. And I think that thing is also the reason we hang on to these bikes despite whatever "outside" forces have come to bear.

It is that we ride. And rideability is why we have these bikes. I can think of all sorts of reasons to trade, get rid of, replace, etc. my bike. And it's been discussed several different ways here. But strip all of that away and there is only one reason we remain. These bikes ride like nothing else in cruiserdom. Power, agility, comfort. There are other bikes that have these things, but not like the Vics. When I imagine myself riding some other bike, it just doesn't satisfy like riding my CCT.

Just an additional thought. I put over 80 thousand miles of travel on my two Nomads and loved the bikes. They never failed me and did all that I asked of them. And they had comfort in spades (after a little adjustment) All day 85 MPH no problem. But the Vic is better. Just more........ of every thing that I loved about my other cruisers. Any move I make now feels like less.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
If I ever sell either of mine (not) then I will ask way more for them than the BS I’m hearing. Yep they are that good and I did a lot to one. The other (Mag X1 Stealth) will remain in a Crystal enclosure and I will charge $20 a minute to view it in privacy. Includes 1 Yuengling.

Go ahead and say it ...” but the market for them is ?”
Well that’s just great so take your loss or keep the best dam bikes ever made. You’ll only be sorry you got rid of it.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I'm stocking up on parts difficult to find. If not needed, then becomes part of retirement program. Now what do I hear bid for the sprocket set and belt...?

Reactions: Flyboy and slickvic

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm stocking up on parts difficult to find. If not needed, then becomes part of retirement program. Now what do I hear bid for the sprocket set and belt...?
I just got approval to put my Imperial Blue top case up for bids starting at $2000.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I also have an XCT. When I need a trunk, I ride that bike. The other trunk is just sitting in my garage.
Why are you divesting yourself of the trunk?

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
2k ???? Think I can get that for my black one ?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Don’t know. It would make sense that you could get more because black was the most used factory color for these bikes. You have a greater chance of finding a buyer who is willing to pay knowing he won’t have to have the trunk repainted. I don’t know if the market could bear that price for my trunk being a very limited edition. My point is I’m willing to wait.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.