VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You currently have a boardwalk. Got it last year, but it is a 2013, was new, and I have scavenged and bought what I could for it. I love it. I am a big guy and the beach bars are comfortable for me. But I am tempted to change bikes and go after one of the cross country tours that are out there.

Now my reasons for doing do would be as follows :

Cruise control
Heated seats/grips cause Illinois gets
Cold
The stereo.
The storage capacity. Like the idea that I can store my helmet and jacket and so on I the trunk when we are on weekend rides and the fact that this would be a much better long ride bike than the boardwalk.

My question is: am I sound ? Is my reasoning logical? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I can understand wanting those creature comforts, having them on both of my bikes. They'll spoil you quick. If your current bike is not fitting your needs and wants and a XCT will I say go for it, if you can.

It doesn't really matter what we think. What matters is does the change make sense for you, to you?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I owned a Yamaha cruiser last year. It didn't have any of the creature comforts that you mentioned, and I live in Northern Michigan where I ride while there is still snow on the ground. So I know what you mean about cold. Last August I found a brand new 2016 CCT at the dealer, shortly after the announcement about Victory closing. I decided to go ahead and buy the CCT and sell my Yamaha. Best decision I ever made! I am SO MUCH more comfortable in the cold and on long rides. I can't see me ever giving up my CCT. I'd say that if you have the desire and the where-with-all, do it. Like Will Rogers used to say, "they ain't makin any more!".

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
As the owner of one, I highly recommend it. Love my CCT and all of it's "extras". Also, a very easy bike to ride, even at this size and weight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's the baby I had for the last 4 years and everyone including the little woman thought I was CRAZY to get rid of her. I got my 2016 XCT at the beginning of March and I couldn't be happier. Yes, it will spoil you--QUICK. You can remove the trunk and get 2 bikes for the price of one. It changes it to a true bagger and a half helmet will fit in the saddle bags. Only drawback is you lose a couple speakers.
View attachment 468473

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
To be honest unless you get some kind of miraculous deal on the Boardwalk you're prob better off keeping it and just GETTING an XC or a Vision. More than likely you'll never get anything resembling decent for trade-in or sale so why not just keep it? I totally get wanting the accessories you get with the XC.. I have one and I have so far kept my KP.. I rode the KP yesterday for a bit to meet up with some friends and go to a movie. I have taken the trunk off the KP and put it on the XC.. so after we left the restaurant and I went to put my carry out in the bike I had to FIGHT to find a place in the saddlebags.. I really miss not having that trunk. Same thing when I went to the theater... I did manage to roll and cram my jacket into the left side saddlebag.. but the whole time I was pissed that I used to be able to just open the trunk and throw it in there.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
You currently have a boardwalk. Got it last year, but it is a 2013, was new, and I have scavenged and bought what I could for it. I love it. I am a big guy and the beach bars are comfortable for me. But I am tempted to change bikes and go after one of the cross country tours that are out there.

Cruise control
Cold
The stereo.
The storage capacity. Like the idea that I can store my helmet and jacket and so on I the trunk when we are on weekend rides and the fact that this would be a much better long ride bike than the boardwalk.

My question is: am I sound ? Is my reasoning logical? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
Yep!
I had a Highball and a XC when they made the announcement. I drove the Highball at least once a week. When I traded in my Highball for a new XCT, my XC became my "attitude " bike . So much nicer having a place to put my helmet and jacket when I stop at a Starbucks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I love my 2011 Cross Country. But at this point I wouldn't buy another Victory just because of future parts issues. When I'm ready I'll look elsewhere.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Cruise control
Cold
The stereo.

I'd buy it for the heated grips and seat alone.

Reactions: Cayoot

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd buy it for the heated grips and seat alone.
IMHO, the heated seat is worthless, and the heated grips next to worthless.

I'm never cold in the seat, and the hidden toggle switches are awful to find and operate. As for the grips, if you operate them on high, the throttle will stick when they get hot. On low, they don't put out much. I wound up buying Gerbing heated gloves this winter to take care of my hands.

Now the rest of the bike...awesome!

·
Registered
90 Posts

I'm never cold in the seat, and the hidden toggle switches are awful to find and operate. As for the grips, if you operate them on high, the throttle will stick when they get hot. On low, they don't put out much
I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with this. Up here in Northern Michigan, my spring and fall riding involves too much time in below freezing temps. I could NOT manage this without the heated grips. Low is very warm, and high is for when it is REALLY COLD. Most of my rides are from my home to Traverse City (an hour and a half each way) and Those heated grips (even though they take about 10-15 minutes to reach full heat) are the ONLY reason I can still ride when it's so cold. I've NEVER had any problem with my throttle sticking. Also, when I spend alot of cold air time on the expressway, where speeds average in the low 80's for a couple of hours, that heated seat is a SUPER BLESSING! On my 2016 XCT at least, those systems are vital and work wonderfully!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep as Kaitiff stated, you'd be better off at keeping your Boardwalk and get hat XC....I kept my Kingpin once I picked up a XRoads Classic, turned the KP into my solo ride when mama ain't coming out, very fun bike to ride

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
well the boardwalk is my second favorite vic, but it sure sounds to me like your ready to bump it up to the next level . there are some great bargains to be had out there nowadays so keep your eye open. you may have to bite the bullet a bit on your end but you may find a steal that will even things out a bit,,, good luck and i doubt you'll have any regrets :ride:

Reactions: Cayoot

·
Registered
128 Posts

I'm never cold in the seat, and the hidden toggle switches are awful to find and operate. As for the grips, if you operate them on high, the throttle will stick when they get hot. On low, they don't put out much. I wound up buying Gerbing heated gloves this winter to take care of my hands.

Now the rest of the bike...awesome!
Well that's not good. I've had the opposite on my seat and grips. Both produce enough heat that it rivals barbecue. I feel like I could cook chicken on the seat and bacon on the grips. Low settings on both are comfortable down to 35 for me. But seat, grips and heat settings are all very subjective.
Hope the solution you found works for a long time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you are a "til the wheels fall off" guy, they you and I both know this is a silly thread and YES you should ABSOLUTELY upgrade to fit your needs and stick with Victory....if you aren't you should still upgrade and trade it for something of a different variety

Bottom line, why are you asking up such a silly question...hands down - YES!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You live in Chicogo you must go with the XCT for the heated seat ,grips and of course you need the lowers and all that useful storage.Buy a used one for 10 or 11 thousand and you will be so happy you did.A Baggershield windshield and a dynotune and you have a real special machine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.