Should Indian shut their doors again ? | Page 8 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Should Indian shut their doors again ?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by ReigningScorpios, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    I took a test ride on the first release R18. It rode nicely, comparable power to the HardBall, rear suspension not as comfortable, although to be fair it wasn't set for my weight. They didn't get my money though.

2. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Oooh, that is a dangerous place to visit, where you can compare stuff and such and i do have some German engineering in the Garage next to the Vette... I like the older air-cooled designs and really surprised they punched the Boxer out to 1800cc and put the Cruiser out first. Now I bet they are getting some second looks for options other than HD and are Victory Loyal.

At least those of us whose hinnies still hurt. I wonder if the saddlebags are removable...

3. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    One thing about BMW. They do it their way. I like it cause it’s true to their style. Has class and finesse. Wouldn’t own one unless I liked riding it and had the funds to own it. JLeno prolly has one on order. Yeah ….. he’s that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    I just couldn't get used to the footpeg position after 30 years of forward controls and floor boards. I got long legs, and the cylinders always seem to get in the way when I came to a stop. I'm sure you could get used to it, but I didn't want it that much to put in the effort. I do love the looks though.

5. Trout

Trout Well-Known Member

2013 XCT, 1989 Guzzi Mille GT, 2001 Guzzi Jackal, 2013 Guzzi Griso
    Whoa! I like that R18!
    Met a guy with the 1600 when I was on the Vic and we swapped bikes. Now I have always been partial to that style bike and it was fast, very fast and rode/handled about how I expected it to BUT wasnt anything I'd buy even if the price was right.
    However that R18 would be a consideration.