Should Indian shut their doors again ? | Page 7 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Should Indian shut their doors again ?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by ReigningScorpios, Jul 8, 2021.

1. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    None of your 3 options will be as roomy a seating position than your CC. The Roadmaster will be way more comfortable than the new Goldwing, rather, a fattened up ST 1300, or the perched up position of the BreakMyWallet bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    All great choices to replace an XCT. I’m partial to the seating position and longevity comfort of the Road master. The Goldwing has always been a consideration especially after riding one. Awesome machine. Still all day comfort and passenger comfort is key for me. I understand the newest Wing Tour has some nice upgrades that would make me take a harder look. Hardest part around here is getting one.
    There’s anew blacked out version that I’m afraid of spotting on a dealers floor. Pics look great and I’m all about less is more especially in the cleaning dept. good luck. It’s an exciting time for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Ok ……. I just watched a 50 minute video from motorcyclist magazine reviewing the new 2021 GW tour and yes the all black DCT. Awesome looking. Not sure I’ve seen a more positive review of a motorcycle ever. He covered everything you could want to know about the bike. A great ride thru Malibu and then the backroads of California. I’m more interested in this bike than I have been in the past. This could be the one kingpin. I think it’s a winner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kingpin007

Kingpin007 Active Member

2012 XC
    Yes nothing compares to the XC as far as seating and leg room. Unfortunately Victory is no longer and parts will be unavailable in another 5 years. Ya I know there is after market but we plan on doing lots of touring in our retirement years coming up soon and I want dealer support when needed. They are all quite different bikes for sure with both positives and negative features. I test rode a BMW K1600 a coupe years ago and I was surprised how comfortable it was on a hour ride with different seating position and not much room to stretch your legs. I haven't ridden a goldwing or roadmaster yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    The Roadmaster will be the weakest of the bunch. It’s really all about that touring comfort. Check out the motorcyclist review on YouTube with the all black 2021 dct. It’s and hour long but we’ll done. He’s riding with other wings and the one next to him has a passenger on back. Great watch.

6. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    If reliability is your main concern on our currently aging bikes which have been very reliable to this point than another option is to have your current bike completely rebuilt for much less than the cost of a new machine. New is just new & not always better, when your tires are good, use a quality oil & an otherwise well maintained bike having a large dealer network isn’t all that useful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I get that but I have a new 2016 Magnum. The new wing is more about a new adventure …… experience. Especially the DCT. It’s easy on the eyes. Styling is the best ever for a wing. It oozes 2021 technology unlike Harley and Indian that still look like old restyled bikes with an infotainment system.
    Not sure why I have a sudden change Brad about this wing. I liked the new styling the day it came out and now that Honda is listened to their customer fixing the top case issue and bringing me my blacked out version ……. I looked and I like. Never really followed up on the reviews either till now. Been watching review after review and never have I seen more positive feedback. Best part is it does nothing the best but it does everything well ! The DCT seems to be the hit and after riding one I get it. I like it. For just a grand more it’s appealing but I’m on the fence about it regarding ownership. If it were my only bike I think I’d pass on the DCT. Keep a Vic and a Goldwing ? …..that would make the DCT an easier choice. I like clutch and shift action. Gotta have atleast one bike I can ride like that. Like my muscle cars. Got be a man shift !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bikesofbrads

The new wings are very nice ( among many others, I want everything) but I’m trying to pull some reverse, reverse, reverse, inverted, reversed again physiology and save myself $30 grand. I know what your saying “ can’t a guy dream” in MY case, NO!!!!,, because I have a habit of turning dreams into reality & like I said, I’m just trying to save myself $30 grand hahaha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I saw a new Wing today without the tour pack. They really catch my eye. The size and stance of them now really looks like they would be fun. I am still just not sure I could do a long run on them. They certainly have some cool kit though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Bikesofbrads

Is it weird I prefer the trunked everything, well everything but show & hoppers

11. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Not at all. My buddy bought the Bagger wing with the matte finish ( terrible ) and orange motor trim ( not to bad ) it’s a DCT …. The one I rode. My Magnums stealth finish has more of a satin look to it compared. The wings finish is more like a chalk board. No likey. Can’t wait to see an all blacked out one hoping the black accents are more satin against gloss. My favorite combination.

• Like Like x 1
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Oh and it’s not weird to like a trunk on a bike that should have a trunk on it. The Goldwing is definitely that bike.

13. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    How, if at all, does the new BMW R18 Transcontinental move you? That would be my choice today if I were looking to limit my legroom and if I were in the mode to spend $30K. Fortunately, neither sounds good to me at this time. Too bad the blue/silver one has the blacked out motor.

R 18 Transcontinental

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    All Hell, I like it, damn. You are the Devil ain’t ya... With the leg rest bars over the cylinders I bet they will make, yeah Flyboy Likey...
    C4C86060-1D4E-4923-BC5B-8A21F0883A7B.jpeg
    Or
    432B5B47-28B5-437B-B07E-C584D5B6EA98.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I like it too. Mostly because it’s so Americana with a German designed power train. It’s very handsome and expensive ( looking ). As with anything motorcycle…… have to ride it to see if I really like it. Going to local Indian wigwam tomorrow which yes …. As a power-sports dealer also sells BMW.