VOG Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Is it weird I prefer the trunked everything, well everything but show & hoppers
Not at all. My buddy bought the Bagger wing with the matte finish ( terrible ) and orange motor trim ( not to bad ) it's a DCT …. The one I rode. My Magnums stealth finish has more of a satin look to it compared. The wings finish is more like a chalk board. No likey. Can't wait to see an all blacked out one hoping the black accents are more satin against gloss. My favorite combination.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Oh and it’s not weird to like a trunk on a bike that should have a trunk on it. The Goldwing is definitely that bike.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
How, if at all, does the new BMW R18 Transcontinental move you? That would be my choice today if I were looking to limit my legroom and if I were in the mode to spend $30K. Fortunately, neither sounds good to me at this time. Too bad the blue/silver one has the blacked out motor.

R 18 Transcontinental

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
How, if at all, does the new BMW R18 Transcontinental move you? That would be my choice today if I were looking to limit my legroom and if I were in the mode to spend $30K. Fortunately, neither sounds good to me at this time. Too bad the blue/silver one has the blacked out motor.

R 18 Transcontinental
All Hell, I like it, damn. You are the Devil ain't ya... With the leg rest bars over the cylinders I bet they will make, yeah Flyboy Likey...
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Or
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
All Hell, I like it, damn. You are the Devil ain't ya... With the leg rest bars over the cylinders I bet they will make, yeah Flyboy Likey...
View attachment 583033
Or
View attachment 583035
I like it too. Mostly because it's so Americana with a German designed power train. It's very handsome and expensive ( looking ). As with anything motorcycle…… have to ride it to see if I really like it. Going to local Indian wigwam tomorrow which yes …. As a power-sports dealer also sells BMW.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I like it too. Mostly because it's so Americana with a German designed power train. It's very handsome and expensive ( looking ). As with anything motorcycle…… have to ride it to see if I really like it. Going to local Indian wigwam tomorrow which yes …. As a power-sports dealer also sells BMW.
I took a test ride on the first release R18. It rode nicely, comparable power to the HardBall, rear suspension not as comfortable, although to be fair it wasn't set for my weight. They didn't get my money though.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
Oooh, that is a dangerous place to visit, where you can compare stuff and such and i do have some German engineering in the Garage next to the Vette... I like the older air-cooled designs and really surprised they punched the Boxer out to 1800cc and put the Cruiser out first. Now I bet they are getting some second looks for options other than HD and are Victory Loyal.

At least those of us whose hinnies still hurt. I wonder if the saddlebags are removable...

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
One thing about BMW. They do it their way. I like it cause it’s true to their style. Has class and finesse. Wouldn’t own one unless I liked riding it and had the funds to own it. JLeno prolly has one on order. Yeah ….. he’s that guy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I took a test ride on the first release R18.
I just couldn't get used to the footpeg position after 30 years of forward controls and floor boards. I got long legs, and the cylinders always seem to get in the way when I came to a stop. I'm sure you could get used to it, but I didn't want it that much to put in the effort. I do love the looks though.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Whoa! I like that R18!
Met a guy with the 1600 when I was on the Vic and we swapped bikes. Now I have always been partial to that style bike and it was fast, very fast and rode/handled about how I expected it to BUT wasnt anything I'd buy even if the price was right.
However that R18 would be a consideration.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.