VOG Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
To me I thought it was cool you could buy a victory from any old motorcycle shop. Or a tractor shop or a ATV shop. The bikes were being put out there like a test. Then there was Arlen Ness and Eddie Trotta that became dealers. Powersports shops brought them in. Rick Fairless Strokers Dallas. It was a development time but the missing link was the HD style boutique shop. Indian got it and that right there told the world we are now building quality bikes that people want to own and ride. Funny …… Victory owners are the riders.

Reactions: Barry and Flyboy

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like some of there bikes and I'm in the market for a new one. My local Indian/Polaris dealer is booking out 7 weeks to get in for any kind of service. Sorry that is unacceptable, I will not purchase a bike if the company can not service it. After warranty is up I usually go to local bike mechanic but If I'm on the road touring you expect to go to an Indian dealer.

·
Registered
18,217 Posts
To me I thought it was cool you could buy a victory from any old motorcycle shop. Or a tractor shop or a ATV shop. The bikes were being put out there like a test. Then there was Arlen Ness and Eddie Trotta that became dealers. Powersports shops brought them in. Rick Fairless Strokers Dallas. It was a development time but the missing link was the HD style boutique shop. Indian got it and that right there told the world we are now building quality bikes that people want to own and ride. Funny …… Victory owners are the riders.
Yeah I remember just leaving the HD shop, not really impressed. Saw a Victory sign and waded between the boats and ATVs to find a thirty by thirty area with one of each model for that year. Fell for white Boardwalk with the salesman saying, take her for ride. I quickly told him I haven't ridden in ten years. He paused and handed me the key saying, you look you can ride and I did. Sealed the deal the next day and had it shipped Home from Alabama...

I wasn't there when it arrived and the Bride wasn't thrilled as they rolled into the garage, saying that thing is huge. Her prior husband had a Sportster back in the day... My last was a 83 naked Wing I sold in 2004, a steady ride she was and HDs before that...

·
Registered
512 Posts
When that Springfield first came out I was sold. Then I rode one and determined it was the best motorcycle I've ever ridden. Even today I would love to own one in all its classic full flared glory. Like the Road Kings ……. A real classic. Truly one of Indians best accomplishments.
I was thinking of a cast frame Chief Dark Horse, but said stuff it, and bought a High Ball.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
I like some of there bikes and I'm in the market for a new one. My local Indian/Polaris dealer is booking out 7 weeks to get in for any kind of service. Sorry that is unacceptable, I will not purchase a bike if the company can not service it. After warranty is up I usually go to local bike mechanic but If I'm on the road touring you expect to go to an Indian dealer.
Just curious. When you say new one you mean Indian ? Which model are you interested in. I'm surprised to hear that service on a Polaris Indian is so backed up ? Is this because of the multi branded dealers having other brands to repair ? With The reliability of an Indian that would not stop me from purchasing and riding. My bike has seen the inside of a shop twice in 10 yrs for an issue that grounded me. The rest was tires and when scheduled was an in and out day. Go get your steed and post some pics.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
18,217 Posts
Just curious. When you say new one you mean Indian ? Which model are you interested in. I'm surprised to hear that service on a Polaris Indian is so backed up ? Is this because of the multi branded dealers having other brands to repair ? With The reliability of an Indian that would not stop me from purchasing and riding. My bike has seen the inside of a shop twice in 10 yrs for an issue that grounded me. The rest was tires and when scheduled was an in and out day. Go get your steed and post some pics.
Some truth in the Indian/Victory mechanics are not burning a lot time in repairs. I noticed mods, but not repairs...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I really wish we could see numbers.

Like how many Victory's were truly sold over the run.

How many Indians have sold in the last 8 years.

How many Victory owners crossed over to Indian

How many Victory went elsewhere.

Not likely we'll ever see any details on any of those questions. However I am still in possession of the FU letter, I mean the we're sorry if you want to switch to Indian we'll give you $1000.

i went bikeless for a while, but ultimately went back to Harley. Not impressed nor displeased with that choice. Just kind of meh.

Rented a Roadmaster for a few days. Liked the bike but if offers me nothing over what I'm currently riding.

So that bitter taste in my mouth has slightly gone away, but they'd need to really hit a home run with a bike or a price to make me seriously consider one.
I'd like to see the FU letter. Always hear about it

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes it is because it is muti branded dealer. They sell all polaris products + a coupe others. I still have my 2012 XC and love the bike but I'm a little nervous on long distance trips now for the same reasons although it has been very reliable over the years. I was looking at a roadmaster. New goldwing or BMW K1600 are my other options. HD doesn't currently have any touring bikes that I really like.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Yes it is because it is muti branded dealer. They sell all polaris products + a coupe others. I still have my 2012 XC and love the bike but I'm a little nervous on long distance trips now for the same reasons although it has been very reliable over the years. I was looking at a roadmaster. New goldwing or BMW K1600 are my other options.
None of your 3 options will be as roomy a seating position than your CC. The Roadmaster will be way more comfortable than the new Goldwing, rather, a fattened up ST 1300, or the perched up position of the BreakMyWallet bike.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Yes it is because it is muti branded dealer. They sell all polaris products + a coupe others. I still have my 2012 XC and love the bike but I'm a little nervous on long distance trips now for the same reasons although it has been very reliable over the years. I was looking at a roadmaster. New goldwing or BMW K1600 are my other options. HD doesn't currently have any touring bikes that I really like.
All great choices to replace an XCT. I'm partial to the seating position and longevity comfort of the Road master. The Goldwing has always been a consideration especially after riding one. Awesome machine. Still all day comfort and passenger comfort is key for me. I understand the newest Wing Tour has some nice upgrades that would make me take a harder look. Hardest part around here is getting one.
There's anew blacked out version that I'm afraid of spotting on a dealers floor. Pics look great and I'm all about less is more especially in the cleaning dept. good luck. It's an exciting time for you.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Ok ……. I just watched a 50 minute video from motorcyclist magazine reviewing the new 2021 GW tour and yes the all black DCT. Awesome looking. Not sure I’ve seen a more positive review of a motorcycle ever. He covered everything you could want to know about the bike. A great ride thru Malibu and then the backroads of California. I’m more interested in this bike than I have been in the past. This could be the one kingpin. I think it’s a winner.

Reactions: Kingpin007

·
Registered
458 Posts
None of your 3 options will be as roomy a seating position than your CC. The Roadmaster will be way more comfortable than the new Goldwing, rather, a fattened up ST 1300, or the perched up position of the BreakMyWallet bike.
Yes nothing compares to the XC as far as seating and leg room. Unfortunately Victory is no longer and parts will be unavailable in another 5 years. Ya I know there is after market but we plan on doing lots of touring in our retirement years coming up soon and I want dealer support when needed. They are all quite different bikes for sure with both positives and negative features. I test rode a BMW K1600 a coupe years ago and I was surprised how comfortable it was on a hour ride with different seating position and not much room to stretch your legs. I haven't ridden a goldwing or roadmaster yet.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Yes nothing compares to the XC as far as seating and leg room. Unfortunately Victory is no longer and parts will be unavailable in another 5 years. Ya I know there is after market but we plan on doing lots of touring in our retirement years coming up soon and I want dealer support when needed. They are all quite different bikes for sure with both positives and negative features. I test rode a BMW K1600 a coupe years ago and I was surprised how comfortable it was on a hour ride with different seating position and not much room to stretch your legs. I haven't ridden a goldwing or roadmaster yet.
The Roadmaster will be the weakest of the bunch. It's really all about that touring comfort. Check out the motorcyclist review on YouTube with the all black 2021 dct. It's and hour long but we'll done. He's riding with other wings and the one next to him has a passenger on back. Great watch.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
If reliability is your main concern on our currently aging bikes which have been very reliable to this point than another option is to have your current bike completely rebuilt for much less than the cost of a new machine. New is just new & not always better, when your tires are good, use a quality oil & an otherwise well maintained bike having a large dealer network isn’t all that useful.

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
If reliability is your main concern on our currently aging bikes that has been very reliable to this point, another option is that you could have your current xc completely rebuilt for much less than the cost of a new machine. New is just new & not always better
I get that but I have a new 2016 Magnum. The new wing is more about a new adventure …… experience. Especially the DCT. It's easy on the eyes. Styling is the best ever for a wing. It oozes 2021 technology unlike Harley and Indian that still look like old restyled bikes with an infotainment system.
Not sure why I have a sudden change Brad about this wing. I liked the new styling the day it came out and now that Honda is listened to their customer fixing the top case issue and bringing me my blacked out version ……. I looked and I like. Never really followed up on the reviews either till now. Been watching review after review and never have I seen more positive feedback. Best part is it does nothing the best but it does everything well ! The DCT seems to be the hit and after riding one I get it. I like it. For just a grand more it's appealing but I'm on the fence about it regarding ownership. If it were my only bike I think I'd pass on the DCT. Keep a Vic and a Goldwing ? …..that would make the DCT an easier choice. I like clutch and shift action. Gotta have atleast one bike I can ride like that. Like my muscle cars. Got be a man shift !

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
The new wings are very nice ( among many others, I want everything) but I’m trying to pull some reverse, reverse, reverse, inverted, reversed again physiology and save myself $30 grand. I know what your saying “ can’t a guy dream” in MY case, NO!!!!,, because I have a habit of turning dreams into reality & like I said, I’m just trying to save myself $30 grand hahaha.

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
The new wings are very nice ( among many others, I want everything) but I'm trying to pull some reverse, reverse, reverse, inverted, reversed again physiology and save myself $30 grand. I know what your saying " can't a guy dream" in MY case, NO!!!!,, because I have a habit of turning dreams into reality & like I said, I'm just trying to save myself $30 grand hahaha.
I saw a new Wing today without the tour pack. They really catch my eye. The size and stance of them now really looks like they would be fun. I am still just not sure I could do a long run on them. They certainly have some cool kit though.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Is it weird I prefer the trunked everything, well everything but show & hoppers

81 - 100 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.