VOG Forum banner

Should Indian shut their doors again ?

7510 109
The other day I was racing a Dyna, and I started thinking about the thread on " Vanity Plates". So I pulled over and waited for the Dyna to pass me and sure enough, it had vanity plates. It closely resembled the plate on the 2015 Road Slide I beat a couple weeks ago. It was still stuck to the fender the guy kicked off cause it wouldnt start.
They both said somthn somthn somthn HD.
I assume that means Harshly Diluted, since thats what they did when they stole the blue prints from Indian back in 1901.
Anyway, I came up with a genius idea.
If Indian was to shut their doors again, just a short time,, then Harshly would have to sell back to Japan in order to come up with their next idea. And we could all laugh and smile AND HAVE REALLY GOOD TIME.
I mean, that's what its all about right !!!
What do you think ?
Ok. No Harley jokes.
Im sorry.
Tough bunch.
Who knows how to delete this?
(ah damn, now he's talking about deleting. What's with this guy?)
Idk
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

· Registered
2,349 Posts
I read all these new threads and when i finished reading i forgot the first part, wwwwwhhhaaatttt ? I even forgot the topic ... No driving license, indian closing, it's just to much information ... I'll go back to the funny threads, oil threads, battery threads, victory threads in general .... I'm confused
LMAO! For what it's worth, it's not your ingrish...:rofl2:

· Registered
230 Posts
Reactions: BP6666VR

· Premium Member
13,021 Posts
All "the nicest people" that started riding Harley's in the mid 1990s.
You mean all the nice people that started riding "Honda's"
The M8 ? Isn't that motor similar to a VTX motor ?

· Premium Member
13,021 Posts
Yep, those nice people making the move once Evo motors made Harley's reliable and oiltight..
Funny ….. I was never that guy. Loved my Honda CB 750. Rode that bike every day. Didn't get into cruisers till the last kid left the house then it was a couple Honda's again. 3 to be exact and ended the jap thing on a Kawasaki Voyager 1700. When I saw the Vic's it was love at first sight. Walked away from a HD SG purchase in 2012 that was in the works to buy the better bike and save $5k.

· Registered
646 Posts
Funny ….. I was never that guy. Loved my Honda CB 750. Rode that bike every day. Didn't get into cruisers till the last kid left the house then it was a couple Honda's again. 3 to be exact and ended the jap thing on a Kawasaki Voyager 1700. When I saw the Vic's it was love at first sight. Walked away from a HD SG purchase in 2012 that was in the works to buy the better bike and save $5k.
Any bike that puts a smile on your face is a good bike. I liked my old SOHC 750 Honda. Inherited it after a mate missed a corner at high speed and met a barbed wire fence. I hauled a sidecar with it for 5 years, until my daughter was tall enough to ride pillion, then gave it to another mate who was into sidecars. It left the shed along with the Norton and Katana when the Sportster took up residence.

· Premium Member
13,021 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle
I had acquired a rare breed of Suzuki when I was a teen. Had a good Oldsmobile engine that was sitting that I took out of a wreck. This kids dad was building him an olds cutlass convertible for high school so he offered his old Suzuki 500 parallel twin 2 stroke as a trade and I took it. I've not seen another to this day but I definitely put that bike on the road and rode the snot out of it. Mostly 2 up with my girl on back. The bike was leaking serious power when my buddy picked up a Kawi 500 triple and used run by me like I was standing still.

· Registered
646 Posts
View attachment 581887 I had acquired a rare breed of Suzuki when I was a teen. Had a good Oldsmobile engine that was sitting that I took out of a wreck. This kids dad was building him an olds cutlass convertible for high school so he offered his old Suzuki 500 parallel twin 2 stroke as a trade and I took it. I've not seen another to this day but I definitely put that bike on the road and rode the snot out of it. Mostly 2 up with my girl on back. The bike was leaking serious power when my buddy picked up a Kawi 500 triple and used run by me like I was standing still.
They were a popular bike in Oz, a lot of them on the road. A very reliable bike as well. I shared a house for a while with a bloke who owned one, and rode it a few times. At the time I had a couple of W2 650 Kawasakis. That place in Brisbane was a biker stronghold for 5 years. People came and went, at various times we had parked under the house the Suzi 500, the 2 Kawa 650s, T150 Triumph Trident, XS750 triple, then an XS850 triple, GT750 Ducati, my then wifes Yamaha XS650B, then my 2 Norton Commandos just before I pulled out and moved to Obi Obi. Wild crazy times.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Any bike that puts a smile on your face is a good bike. I liked my old SOHC 750 Honda. Inherited it after a mate missed a corner at high speed and met a barbed wire fence. I hauled a sidecar with it for 5 years, until my daughter was tall enough to ride pillion, then gave it to another mate who was into sidecars. It left the shed along with the Norton and Katana when the Sportster took up residence.
How is the guy who hit the barbed wire ???

· Registered
7,210 Posts
Got my tire changed at the local Indian dealer Friday, they have 4 new bikes on the floor. They can't get bikes, getting a couple a month! If Indian can't start getting parts to build bikes they won't have much choice but to shut down. I don't know how the dealers are keeping the doors open.

· Premium Member
13,021 Posts
Got my tire changed at the local Indian dealer Friday, they have 4 new bikes on the floor. They can't get bikes, getting a couple a month! If Indian can't start getting parts to build bikes they won't have much choice but to shut down. I don't know how the dealers are keeping the doors open.
Service and being a multi brand dealer also helps. You should see our local HD dealer. Lowest inventory I've ever seen. Lots of used bikes on the lot but who wants a used (someone else's problem)Harley……

Now the wigwam here ? They just got Ducati added. With BMW and yamaha plus ATV and watercraft you can say there a power sports super store. Funny though …. Polaris didn't want Indian to compete with Victory.

· Registered
646 Posts
Ohhhh so sorry, i did not see that word ... My condolences, sorry guys
No problem BP, it was 35 years ago. He was a good bloke, a diesel fitter from England, who had the ****s with Thatcher era England, sold his Triumph Trident and Bonneville and headed off overland to Oz. He ran into an old friend of mine in India, who in between bonking his brains out (he was about 15 years younger than her), told him to look me up when he reached Oz.
He arrived at Obi Obi on the Honda 750 he bought to tour around on. We hit it off well, he helped with my old Massey Ferguson tractor, stayed for 2 months before his last midnight ride. Cops rang me the next morning, asked me to go identify the body. I rang his parents in England, arranged the funeral, sent his ashes and personal effects back to them.
A few of us would stop at the bend and say g'day every now and again. Rupert Atkins, good bloke, still remembered.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
No problem BP, it was 35 years ago. He was a good bloke, a diesel fitter from England, who had the ****s with Thatcher era England, sold his Triumph Trident and Bonneville and headed off overland to Oz. He ran into an old friend of mine in India, who in between bonking his brains out (he was about 15 years younger than her), told him to look me up when he reached Oz.
He arrived at Obi Obi on the Honda 750 he bought to tour around on. We hit it off well, he helped with my old Massey Ferguson tractor, stayed for 2 months before his last midnight ride. Cops rang me the next morning, asked me to go identify the body. I rang his parents in England, arranged the funeral, sent his ashes and personal effects back to them.
A few of us would stop at the bend and say g'day every now and again. Rupert Atkins, good bloke, still remembered.
You made my hair standing with goosebumps, what a great friends he had .....

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts
21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.