Shold have bought the Harley | Page 30 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Shold have bought the Harley

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by bonehead, Mar 13, 2014.

1. conklij

conklij Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Roads

Great post! Well Said! But logic...has left the building!

2. conklij

conklij Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads

+1! The different look and engineering is what initially attracted me to the brand.

3. ProudVicRider

ProudVicRider Member

2014 Indian Chieftain

I don't think Polaris will make enough of our Indians to compete with Harley sales for this to be a problem. I'm with you and at only 15K bikes a year being built thus far I think demand will remain strong. The bike is too well built and pretty to look at to be overlooked no matter how tasty the koolaid is.

4. ProudVicRider

ProudVicRider Member

2014 Indian Chieftain

Then you took one for a ride and asked yourself why anyone would want to settle for a more expensive lesser quality bike and bought the Victory. I can respect that! I felt exactly the same way.

5. ProudVicRider

ProudVicRider Member

2014 Indian Chieftain

Perhaps, but it still needed be said.

6. S_Clause

S_Clause Member

Victorys draw crowds...
    [​IMG]

So that all the others can park around just to get in the Pictrure.

7. Ranger510

Ranger510 Well-Known Member

Havent posted on this thread yet but this is just strange. Koolaid must be really strong this month.
    "ALL bikes are better than Harley in every area except value" your words not mine.
    So I guess the HD is really worth about $6k but what the he!! I got a cool $10k sticker on it.
    I'll try to be as "respectful" as possible since you do post that respect thing a lot. OMC?
    1. Most owners are riders and do not own garage queen poser bikes. My 2011 would be gone if you owned it because it has over 20k trouble free miles on it. Wait, I put the 20k on it in 2 years in the north, would have doubled that if I lived down south, something you don't do.
    2. We are not part of a herd that thinks a sticker is worth $10k on a motorcycle ; paraphrasing your own words; an inferior product.
    3. I will probably get an Indian in the not to distant future, but I don't care about the resale value of my KP because its not going anywhere.
    I would love to hear your comments as to why HD is a better product, but most of us here really don't care about the inflated resale value of an inferior product, again your words, solely because of the herd mentality.
    As far as your comments about the OP getting 12 pages- go to an HD site and post should have bought a Yamaha or a GM site and post should have bought a Ford. You'll get a flaming there also, if not an outright thread removal or ban there. Remember this too, you have been allowed to continue your diatribe on this site without being banned and honestly I hope your posts do remain, why, because this site and its membership have far broader shoulders than anyone on those other high price sticker sites.
    With that being said I hope everyone has a wonderful day, including Mud.

8. RkyMtnRider

RkyMtnRider Member

Electraglide Ultra

Yes I agree it's pretty stupid to come on to a Victory forum (great forum btw) and bash Victory motorcycles. WTF?

I am here to learn more about the brand and meet some of the folks that ride and love them. I think it's really cool to be proud of the bike you ride but trying to convince everyone else that yours is better (value or whatever the hell your arguement is) doesn't sit well with me... or anyone else here I gather.

I am riding a Harley right now btw and love it too... but it sure ain't perfect. No revelation there, but dude seriously get a life.

9. Trollallday

Trollallday New Member

Trollmobile

It's over. OP and Mud were probably the same person just trying to stir up the hornet's nest. Let's just let this thread die please... Thanks!

10. Nantan

Nantan Member

2014 Chieftain
    From an irate Vic owner's damaged fender. To crucifying a Mudfish. To a Vicdian vs. HD ick-measuring contest. I Luh Luh secret-handshake 'tudes 45+ pages later.

11. Nantan

Nantan Member

2014 Chieftain
    For the Record: My Chieftain indeed is a work oFart. It is a GAS to ride. Riding is flatulent religious experience I sh it ya not.

12. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless

Well.... since 45 pages have been wasted on this 'all over the place' thread, I will post my thoughts here (as if anyone cares). I hear people say "I always wanted a Harley" or "I always wanted an Indian". I assume This means wanted since they were a kid.
    I have a friend who saw 2 Hells Angels on HDs riding beside his father's station wagon when he was 8... ever since that day he wanted to own a Harley... he was smitten with that whole image/look/sound. As soon as he could afford to do so, he bought a Wide Glide. It had that whole look of the bikes he saw that day as a kid. He didn't give a damn if the bike was any good... he didn't want to test ride it... he didn't read reviews... he didn't make comparisons... he didn't shop around... he did ZERO research. He just went to his local HD dealer and bought the bike that looked the coolest to his memory of being 8 years old. Now he goes around saying that Harley builds the best motorcycles in the world, but the truth is he has no idea if they do or not.
    I have heard similar stories of kids seeing their uncles on Indians and well, you know the rest.
    I have a real hard time getting my mind around this. My tastes and my wants have changed exponentially since I was 8 years old. Nothing that I was all goo-goo ga-ga over when I was 8 still makes me feel that way. That was 46 years ago for Pete's sake.I'm a grown up now.Plus, I owned a 1969 Harley and it was a steaming pile of sh!t to be honest. No love there. My father and all his brothers rode Indian, Harley, and Henderson motorcycles. If I said I always wanted any of those I'd be lying, because I didn't.I always wanted MOTORCYCLES. In fact, I HAD a motorcycle ever since I was 11.
    I remember the 1st time I laid eyes on a Honda CB-750 Four... Oh, that gave me a woody! And the first time I saw a Kawasaki Z-1 I was absolutely smitten. Then I saw a Yamaha XS11 and they said "This is your demo, ride it everywhere" I'm sure my eyes rolled back in orgasmic delight! Then I changed jobs and they handed me the key to a Suzuki GS-1000 and you couldn't slap the smile off my face. But today? They don't even make standard bikes like that (except the Honda CB 1100) and none are bikes I seek to own today, nor do I seek replicas of those bikes. Doesn't even Cross my mind.
    Additionally, I have never 'fallen in love' with a machine and just had to have it. I will research it to death for a year and choose the bike that is the most capable and the best value. Emotion has nothing to do with it and I couldn't give a sh!t less if other people approve or think I look cool on it. I never really liked the styling of the Kingpin, I bought it because it was the closest thing built to the bike I wanted (functionally).

13. Nantan

Nantan Member

2014 Chieftain
    You hit the head on the proverbial dyslexic nail. VicDian owner/riders are like that other bunch that gather every spring in the Jewish Riviera fingering the lakes of nueva York....with their Messerschmidt Beemer cycles. They drink their fermented grapes from crystal Waterford goblets that really peez the shytt outta us simple folk who prefer our cheap fortified wine/antifreeze from a brown paper bag. We are only judgmental when it comes to the size of teeters. You guys spend your mornings jerking off to the next Stage ( enter any number here ) upgrade. Biking a la keeping up with the joneses. Or Davidsons.

14. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless

I wish I had even a clue what you are trying to say. I read it 5 times... slowly... I still don't get it.

15. jandjp

jandjp Well-Known Member

Vision

[​IMG]