VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking for a new premium touring helmet to replace my Scorpion for an upcoming cross country trip I found the new 2018 Shoei Neotec 2.
Holy crap, it's the best helmet I've ever felt, and it's packed with serious tech.
I called up my buddy and told him about it, and he had already looked into them and planned on picking one up next week.

Sena has made a special com system just for Noetec 2, and I'll pick one up a little later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was recently shopping a new lid for my new bike and upcoming trip and I thought about getting one of these. I have a good amount of lids in rotation and right use my Caberg Ghost as my daily (Super light Jet style that has a flip up face, great for around town). I decided on the Arai Defiant Pro Cruise and will let you know how that works out for me upon my pound from Illinois later next month.

Either way grats on the purchase and I look forward to hearing how you like it once you start running with it.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either way grats on the purchase and I look forward to hearing how you like it once you start running with it.
I looked at a LS2 flip and it was so front heavy that I could feel the tension in my neck within seconds. It flipped all the way to the back of the helmet, and in that position it was balanced.
I tried a Nolan, and thought it was a pretty good helmet,.
I tried a Schuberth.C4, and that was a very good helmet, but was slightly nose heavy.
The Shoei felt more balanced with the chin in all positions.
My old Scorpion has been very noisy even with ear plugs, and even worse was that in 80-90 degree weather it was cooking my head. I'd have to pry the bottom of the helmet open while riding and lifting off my head an inch or two trying to get a breeze in there. When I seriously thought about adding a stick or something to hold the bottom open more I figured it was time to get back to a better quality helmet.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I saw this thing, and I was positive about it until I noticed some things; they did not change the fit, the new Neotec is actually a few ounces heavier than the original, they give you no options for comms, and the most important thing, I saw the price tag. No bueno, Shoei. As much as I love the Neotec that I already have, the fit is not stellar, and certainly not the usual Shoei fit. So for them not to make the adjustment is a fail for me.

I am also not a fan of the fact that they have decided to make this helmet a closed system in that you basically HAVE to use the SRL comm system, which comes in at a hefty 300 bucks. So this helmet is now a thousand dollar investment with no graphics and no ECE rating. Lastly, I don't care for the fish lips front vent. In the end I feel like I am going to pay a ton more for a helmet that has not really moved forward.

Yeah, no. Not doing that.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Having said ALL THAT! ... I'm not saying that it's not a great lid! I was just hoping that more than anything the next gen would have the more traditional Shoei fit and that it would be lighter. Especially if the price point is going up. I might just go and try one on and see for myself. There does seem to be a certain level of refinement in the new lid, but I am not convinced it's enough to justify the new price. At least for me. Maybe in a few years I will catch one on sale...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.