VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know their are some riders out there that ride for the feeling of riding and never wash there bikes!! Myself, having a spot on my bike doesn't sit very well!!

I wanted to see what products and tricks other VOG members have for shining there ride!

Personally, water never touches my bike, unless of course i get stuck in the rain.. which is rare!

On the Chrome:

I use a product called NEVER DULL. I apply it using the piece of the coton it comes in, applying a generous amount on only the pieces im working on. I then use a Mother's power ball to polish it in, i do this till it's a dry haze, then with a clean micro fibre cloth, I buff to an insane shine.
I use this product maybe once a month as it provides great protection and ease of clean up for future spots!

On the Paint:

I use 3M Hand Glaze. This is a product that, like it's name says, must be applied by hand. Using one cloth to apply it to a dry haze and another clean cloth buff it, the more coats you put of this stuff the deeper the shine get's!! It gives a really nice wet look!
If your someone that doesnt like doing this too often, what i suggest is applying as many coats as you can handle then sealing with a coat of a good wax. I use Meguires mirror glaze #26.
If you do not seal the hand glaze in, water will wash it away. So if your someone like me that doesnt ride in the rain then you wont have a need to seal it giving you the ability to apply as many coats as you want.. at any givin time.

When i had more time, I use to detail bikes for a little bit of side cash, and really cause i enjoyed doing it! I always get comments how shiny our bikes are!!

What does everyone else use???

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
The Vision is the "easiest to keep clean" bike I've ever owned. Personally, there's little to do to keep this bike looking great. An occasional wipe down and a full wash after a long ride to clear the road grime is all that's necessary.

I'm cautious when washing the dash as although the bike's electronics are water resistant, they're not waterproof. So, I take a bit of caution when cleaning the dash area.

Otherwise, making sure the windshield and the headlight areas are bug-free can be accomplished at most gas stops.

As a side note, for whatever reason, I've noticed it's much easier removing bugs and grime from the Cee Bailiey's windshield than it is from the stock shield. Simply stated, it's much easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have black street premium so gets real dusty so i was mine about 3 times a week and have had great comments on it Of course I also ride mine everyday rain or shine.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
rldr12 said:
I have black street premium so gets real dusty so i was mine about 3 times a week and have had great comments on it Of course I also ride mine everyday rain or shine.
Yes, the black Vision looks very cool...but it's a bear to keep clean.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Andy said:
rldr12 said:
Yes, the black Vision looks very cool...but it's a bear to keep clean.
It is well known that black is the biggest ***** of a color (or is it absence of color?)to keep clean. That being said it is one ofif not the sharpest color when it is clean and polished correctly.
(I have 2 black cars and my KP is black, I spend a lot of time cleaning and polishing)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a bunch of stuff I use to wax and clean my bikes but I mostly just use Pledge and microfiber towels after a ride.The only time I wash my bikes if I ride in the rain which is seldom.Pledge is cheap and I use it on everything but the tires.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

+1 on the Pledge!
I know it has been mentioned a lot, but Pledge is flat out unbelievable. I found the key to get the best shine is using the microfiber towels. I use it on every part of the bike and it takes a fraction of the time to make the bike shine.
Give me a can of Pledge and a microfiber towel andyou can makethe dirtiestbike look like it came off the showroom floor in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Yep, Pledge as in furniture polish....I never believed it until I used it. The first time I used it I had a regular towel and I got some uneven shine but then I used a microfiber towel and my bike looked professionally detailed in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been using Pledge on bikes for many years with no problems.If you are still unsure use an automotive type spray on quick detailer.Wamart has a bunch of different brands.I like Meguiars' NXT Quick Detailer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do use a quick detailer for the touch up's called Liquid Ice, but to get the serious deep shine I use the products I mentioned earlier. I am gonna give the pledge a try, but i think i'll try it on the wifes bike before i do it on mine.. lol.. ;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
HammerMike said:
I do use a quick detailer for the touch up's called Liquid Ice, but to get the serious deep shine I use the products I mentioned earlier. I am gonna give the pledge a try, but i think i'll try it on the wifes bike before i do it on mine.. lol.. ;-)
I hope it works for you,otherwise you may be on a first name basis with the counter people at Burger King.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I use a product NANOWaxEagle 1 a couple of coats in the spring and you are done. For everyday cleaning and detailing I use a product called PURPLE SLICE. This stuff is evert bit as good as pledge and has a great advantage over the others, you cant leave finger prints on windows or chrome. Just spray a little on a microfiber cloth and polish, wipe on wipe off its just that easy. Its not a be all and end all but unless I get mud or sever road grime, I don't need anything more than wash dry spray wipe and done. Works really well on chrome and windows, eats bugs and leaves the window water repelent and polished.
I can do my Vision front to back top to bottom 20 mins and its show room shinny.
Jim

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I love Pledge. Where do you find the original unscented now? I find the orange/lemon ones take 2 clothes to get clean. Seems like the fruit oil is harder to rub off. Twice the work sux.
The all purpose one is okay but nothing like the original.

·
Registered
100 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
I tried the Mother's Aluminum polish on my wheels and they look as shiny as the chrome. Thanks for the tip. I'll get a can of Pledge for the rest.
That polish is great but even better if you use the Mothers Powerball to put it on.To take it off I put an old sock over the powerball.Works great and saves elbow grease and time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.