VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to admit this but after 95000 on the Geezerglide (09 Kingpin) its started doing this and Im not sure what the hell is going on!
Many of you may know I ride fairly aggressively and have done so for the entire life of the bike!
I have calculated that the Geezer glide has made in the neighbourhood of 50 passes at the strip so it has also seen some ha4d ass running as well!,

Here's my issue,although when under light to fairly strong deceleration it shifts like a dream ,consistant and smooth ,even under hard to very hard acceleration in the first 3 gears it remains excelent!Barring human error!
It is only with strong to extreme acceleration that shifting up at high rpms above 5500 does it seem to float and while shifting there does not seem to be any friction force or resistance on the shifter lever and untill you ease off on the fuel it remains in the lower gear !
As soon as you back off a bit it regains the shift resistance in the shifter and you can Feel it slip nicely into gear!
Everything else sounds and works seamlessly !
When shifting normally or even fairly strongly all good everything seems no problems
No wierd sounds or vibrations ,all good?
I'm baffled
This old girl (100) cubic inch has been bulletproof and withstood everthing I have thrown at her!
She has just started doing this since my new upgraded moter arrived from Lloyds!
I was considering selling the 100 after I replace it but can't do that not knowing what the transmission issue is !
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info ! When I look at the pic it seems very logical that thos in fact could be the issue I will order the parts today so I can repair this prior to changeing out the moter for its big brother!
Then I can be assured that this is in fact the cause and have corrected it!
I have no desire to sell the moter when I know there are issues!
Hopefully this is the issue ,which does seem to make sense as all gears once
engadged seem perfect as does all else!
Thanks appreciated!I forget now excatly how many beers I owe ya , but they have to be building!

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Thanks for the info ! When I look at the pic it seems very logical that thos in fact could be the issue I will order the parts today so I can repair this prior to changeing out the moter for its big brother!
Then I can be assured that this is in fact the cause and have corrected it!
I have no desire to sell the moter when I know there are issues!
Hopefully this is the issue ,which does seem to make sense as all gears once
engadged seem perfect as does all else!
Thanks appreciated!I forget now excatly how many beers I owe ya , but they have to be building!
Welcome... not a problem... nothing owed.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Hey Pop. So much for riding it like you stole it! But if the bike has held up that well after 9 years of thrashing it, it owes you nothing and says a lot for the brand that the suits in Polaris HQ kicked to the curb 20 months ago. Well maybe except for gentler riding from now on.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Hey Pop. So much for riding it like you stole it! But if the bike has held up that well after 9 years of thrashing it, it owes you nothing and says a lot for the brand that the suits in Polaris HQ kicked to the curb 20 months ago. Well maybe except for gentler riding from now on.
That's the thing, in "normal" riding you wouldn't know there was an issue. If you stay below 4500 rpm (like most people do) it shifts fine.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the thing, in "normal" riding you wouldn't know there was an issue. If you stay below 4500 rpm (like most people do) it shifts fine.
Ya but whats the fun in that ?
He'll I do ride gentle some times but just like political issues that gets boring as well!
The parts will be in in a few days !
I,ll get them in and give her hell agian!
Yup she has been a great bike ,I almost bought a custom Deluxe back in 2008 but thought the 2008 Kingpin instead somebody drove over top of me in an intersection and destroyed that one but this 09 has been a dream!
That custom Deluxe would never had stood up to the abuse Thos pin has withstood!
Can,t imagine haveing a different bike now!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Can't imagine haveing a different bike now!
I know the feeling...

It's like no one noticed it, but the Kingpin is in a class by itself. If you take the bike out and USE IT it becomes apparent that this is no ordinary cruiser. The harder you push it, the better the bike works. Of course... just like the shifting issue... if you just cruise around on it you won't know.

View attachment 496519

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the feeling...

It's like no one noticed it, but the Kingpin is in a class by itself. If you take the bike out and USE IT it becomes apparent that this is no ordinary cruiser. The harder you push it, the better the bike works. Of course... just like the shifting issue... if you just cruise around on it you won't know.

View attachment 496519
Say do you know if I can replace or purchase just the muffler canister that fits on the end of 5he headers for the RPW Thor ,mine is getting pretty hollow so to speak!

Someday in the future im thinking the Kingpin will perhaps be recognized for what it really is,definetly a classic!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.