shift linkage | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

shift linkage

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by TENsVic, Oct 23, 2013.

1. TENsVic

TENsVic Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Cross Country
    just did the1/4 off of both sides on my shift linkage, worked like a charm. now I don't have to streach out to shift.

2. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour

I've been tempted to do just that. To move the shifter to the rear position from the factory setting in the middle. I moved the brake assembly back to the rear setting and it's great for me. I was unsure of how much to lop off each end of the shifter rod. The local Vic shop guy suggested 1/2" each end but I've always thought it was too much. I'll have to try the 1/4" rule and see how it turns out. Just need the shifter rubber a bit above the toe of my boot. *** And to remember to keep a nut on the threads so it will straighted them removing it after cutting.

3. TENsVic

TENsVic Member

2013 Cross Country

1stVictory, if I did it again I would cut 3/8 off of both sides. Cutting it like I did, the linkagejust aboutbottomed out, I had probally3/4 of a turn on both sides in the lock nut, hardly any adjustment. If you cut a little more you would have a little more adjustment. My shift looks high to me but its only about a 3/4above my foot which is perfect for me. When I did the adjustment I did it in the middle hole. dropped the gear shift all the way down then moved it to the rear hole and it was perfect for me. hope this helps

4. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Moderator

vision 08

the linkage that comes out of the primary and points down and the linkage rod bolts to it. Pull it off rotate it. Now readjust your linkage rod .
    Now cutting nessary.

5. TENsVic

TENsVic Member

2013 Cross Country

Vision_nut is correct, if you don't want to cut you could always turn the linkage on the spline