VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a cold wet windy and crappy day but I still put on 30 miles bringing it home and driving it 'because I had to go somewhere'.

I'm expecting a lot of happy miles with her. Waiting on a few last minute accessories(Ipod accessories)

Still cant believe how well it handles versus the Kingpin, still a little unsure of the seating position for longer rides though.

I think i made the right choice though.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Redpin04,
Congrats on the new ride! Still very happy with mine.
WW

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dsjr70 said:
Congrats, what is wrong with the seating position?
same issue I had with the Vision. I'm 6'3" and feel the floorboards are a little high, more like in a recliner. I like to feel a little more stretched out which highway pegs will give me. I had 3" extensions on my Kingpin which were almost perfect.

It's a trade off for ground clearance and handling and will take some getting used to. Much like the few times i tried to heel click into a higher gear even though I don't have heel-toe like my Kingpin did.

Supposed to be another 40 degree day tomorrow so a few more miles will be had as well as being off most of Monday and a bachelor next weekend with the wife and kids going to TN for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ddawg said:
Congratulations!!!! Which color did you get?? I don't recall. Thx!
black. First black bike in a decade.

however I've added the rear chrome bumper
the saddlebag lid rails
heated grips
stage 1
wide mouth tips
ram ball mount
tlc saddlebag liners
ipod cable with extension
I've got the tall windshield but haven't tried it yet.

supposed to be a decent week in the 40's. I'll burn on 2 or 300 miles this week so I'll have a better feel. Looking forward to my first 600+ day on it to see how much i really like it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Ride safe & keep her shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

So you'll have to change your handle to BlackCross10 huh?
Congrats on the new bike.
I could never understand why VIC didn't put a heal/toe shifter on the Cross????? It is all about comfort and keeping your boots scuff free.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually I would've changed but Andy said it was a pain to do. Already changed to Redpin-XC at the VMC.

Technically I've owned the bike since December 4th but winter got in the way of riding it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.