VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know you're probably used to seeing regional group discussions in forums, but here at TheVOG.net we have a new feature that we'd like you to check out. Click on GROUPS(there is also a GROUPS link in the top menu).If you don'tsee your group already listed there you can click on the CREATE A GROUP link to fill out a form that will instantly set your group up.

You'll love TheVOG.net's GROUPS feature --you caninvite others to join your group, post messages in your own Group Forum and upload photos to your own Group Gallery.

You can also browse through other groups in the GROUPS area and see what they are up to.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Hi Early Adopters,
Due to some great input from our early Beta testers, we're changing the way you can setup your groups. Stay tuned to this area as I'll post the updated information shortly.
Your Friendly Staff Member,
Andy

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Oklahoma to TheVOG! My roots are from Cleveland, OK (Before TN) and I'm happy to have you and your group here with us. Make sure to use the invite feature to tell others about your new group. If you have any questions, since you're one of our first new groups, we can get the Administrator to assist you. Hey, we're a Full Service Joint!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

Hey Andy,
does each group get their own calendar so that they can post their group rides and events, or is it just one calendar andeach just choose to make it private or public?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here's how this works. When you create a group, you can then go to the Calendar link and create your own calendar. When you click on the View All By Month tab, you'll see all the entries in a calendar format. But you can select and individual on the Category/Groups pull down menu andview a listing of only that groups' upcoming events.
It's still a work in progress so if you have any input or see any problems, let me know and I'll get it fixed for you. While we did our best testing every function before going Live, input from our members is important and we will do our best to address any and all issues regarding the features and functions of The VOG.
The Calendarwas designed with multiple funcitons. First and formost, it's designed to allow all your group members to see upcoming rides and events. It was also designed to allow others to see all the events. Here's how that scenario would play out:
Let's say you're taking a trip. What's better than joining local riders along the way to show you the local routes and all the great back roads? So, once the groups and calendar functions catch on (nothing good happens overnight), you'll be able to select the areas where you'll be traveling and communicate with those members to join up with them on the road.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the Groups and the Calendar functions catching on with the Members as one day I'd truly enjoy taking a long trip and having some planned stops with other Members along the way.
So, let me know if you have any questions and I'll get on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.