VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gotan 03 Vegas and it didnt come with a service manual.
Anyone know where I can get one? Even a pdf or something would be great.
Found some on ebay but they are pretty pricey and not the right year.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Same predicament here. Ive been looking for an 08 Vision manual . Not the pdf one on ebay but the actual book.
I think the dealer wants like 100 bucks for it...ridiculous !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I know, the actual books on ebay were $100 to $150. I really don't want to give that much for one.
I emailed the guy I bought the bike from, he said he'd look but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Not sure if this helps, since at least one mention of "service" manual was listed, but I downloaded a PDF of my OWNER'S manual from the polaris/victory website. Obviously doesn't have the service manual detail (teardown, etc.), but if your dealer didn't have the owner's manual (or whomever you bought it from), it's available and free from Victory...
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
abarbee314 said:
Not sure if this helps, since at least one mention of "service" manual was listed, but I downloaded a PDF of my OWNER'S manual from the polaris/victory website. Obviously doesn't have the service manual detail (teardown, etc.), but if your dealer didn't have the owner's manual (or whomever you bought it from), it's available and free from Victory...
Good luck!
Good point, he mentioned Service Manual and "came with the bike" in the same breath which immediately raised the red flag that he was talking about the owners manual.

Proper service manuals usually always cost over $100 but are only needed if you plan on wrenching on the bike beyond simple oil, tire and brake pad changes.

BTW, I ordered the manual for my 2010 XC and I think it's in the $125 range!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok, I guess I was incorrect with my wording. I am looking for an owners manual, but the Polaris web site doesnt have an option for my 2003 model year.
Thanks for the info though
I did get a parts manual though, blown apart views of everything, that could be helpful to have on hand!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Shoot. Sorry, top_pin. I didn't even notice that the other day when I downloaded mine. Maybe try the 'contact us' link on their website? Not sure how quickly they'll get to it, though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

top_pin said:
Well, I emailed Polaris, lets see if I get a response!
Good luck with that email... This is alittle longer of a process
Go to the Victory website.
Click on "Riders"
From drop down menu go to "manuals"
Enter your account info
Then it will ask you for the vehicle info, your Vegas is not there... (As you already know)
Just below that it says " Parts manuals after 2005" Click that (yeah I know it sounds dumb but bere with me)
At the very top on the next page it will ask for your vehicle information (wow your 03 Vegas appears... It's a miracle)
After you enter all the info you will come to a parts screen, scroll down half way and you will see your Owners manual
Hope that helps...
Don

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

HAHA! Youre right, but did you try to click the link!?
oh man if its not one thing its another!
The link errors, every other one on the page works fine except the owners manual!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
top_pin said:
HAHA! Youre right, but did you try to click the link!?
oh man if its not one thing its another!
The link errors, every other one on the page works fine except the owners manual!
Uggg! I should have went one step further, sorry about that. But it figures the only thing you need is the one that doesn't work...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Color, and some of the 04s came with the non smoked single lens. That is about all I know of.
The service manual goes from 03 - 07

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys Im struggling with finding the service manuals on the Victory Hammer S 2010 I thought it would be simple just to download the PDF file for free from the net somewhere but it isn't that easy! I noticed this discussion started in december, has anyone found a web site that you can download this info yet? I don't believe in paying for it. Thanks Austin

·
Registered
140 Posts
Austin_Nichols said:
Hi Guys Im struggling with finding the service manuals on the Victory Hammer S 2010 I thought it would be simple just to download the PDF file for free from the net somewhere but it isn't that easy! I noticed this discussion started in december, has anyone found a web site that you can download this info yet? I don't believe in paying for it. Thanks Austin
As mentioned earlier in this thread are you wanting the SERVICE manual or the OWNERS manual, 2 completely different books? The service manual is for mechanics, which I bought one for my 2011 because I work on cars so I have a good basic knowledge of what's going on. It cost me $170 but the OWNERS manual came with the bike and I believe you can get it on Victory's website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi FedByFuel The service manual is what i need I have been working on motor-cross bikes and cars since I was a kid and have a basic understanding of mechanics. I have the owners manual with bike but as you know its crap! I want to put a bigger cam in myself and Im sure it would come in handy. A mate has recently bought a GSXR 750 he went online downloaded the service manual on a PDF file in under 5mins at no cost! I don't like paying for information when there's internet someone must of uploaded it to the net somewhere! Thanks for your reply I appreciate it I keep looking on net! or maybe someone knows a web site that it can be download from? Thanks Again Austin

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
Does the word "Copyright" have any meaning to you? :nono:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.