VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I will have the dealer order one for me. Nothing online/downloadable from Vic/Polaris? At this point, I'm so deep financially into my bike that (sadly) I'm not flinching at $129 for a book/disc to service it. Yikes!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Why do so many people want to save money doing their own work on their bike yet compalin where the service manual is $129? I have had 500 services done on different bikes that were $300 a pop. If you do you service properly and as just an "oil change" you save the $129 in the first service. It costs about as much as 2 oil changes.
As you get older you realize that service costs of any purchase are all part of your buying budget not just the monthly payment.
The manual is as important as your tools. Do you own more than $129 worth of Metric tools?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Bought my Kingpin manual from the dealer, had the manual before I had my bike home,$160.00 Canadian. Good things come with a price.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

spider said:
Bought my Kingpin manual from the dealer, had the manual before I had my bike home,$160.00 Canadian. Good things come with a price.
Yeah, I was a dumb ass and bought my 08 manual before the bike... Deal fell through and neverpurchased the Vision. That book was so lonely on my shelf I had to buy the bike to go with it... Unfortunetely I ended up with an 09 Vision but havent found any real differences in anything yet.
I will be the first to admit I don't do any maintenance to my bikes. But I will guarentee you that I saved more then $130.00 in broken peices of plastic, body panelsand fastners. I would have hated to tackle some of these "little" add ons without the book.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
dsjr70 said:
spider said:
Yeah, I was a dumb ass and bought my 08 manual before the bike... Deal fell through and neverpurchased the Vision. That book was so lonely on my shelf I had to buy the bike to go with it... Unfortunetely I ended up with an 09 Vision but havent found any real differences in anything yet.
I will be the first to admit I don't do any maintenance to my bikes. But I will guarentee you that I saved more then $130.00 in broken peices of plastic, body panelsand fastners. I would have hated to tackle some of these "little" add ons without the book.
I'm sure only " one " broken panel would cost " more " than the manual.
Good investment !

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
spider said:
dsjr70 said:
spider said:
I'm sure only " one " broken panel would cost " more " than the manual.
Good investment !
You aint lying!!!! Have you seen the prices of body panels..lol

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining about the price, just pointing it out.

Go price out Porsche 911 factory manuals if you want sticker shock! (try over $1000!)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RedRyder said:
Why do so many people want to save money doing their own work on their bike yet compalin where the service manual is $129? I have had 500 services done on different bikes that were $300 a pop. If you do you service properly and as just an "oil change" you save the $129 in the first service. It costs about as much as 2 oil changes.
As you get older you realize that service costs of any purchase are all part of your buying budget not just the monthly payment.
The manual is as important as your tools. Do you own more than $129 worth of Metric tools?
I agree with you. However, I don't want the manual to "save money", I want to learn to do my own work for personal satisfaction and to know I did it right. My not "flinching" for the $129 was not a smug comment of not wanting to pay for the manual but more on how much I've put into the bike such that paying $129 for a $0.99 piece of plastic doesn't get any reaction from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.