SERIOUSLY..... YOUR NOT THAT COOL ! | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

SERIOUSLY..... YOUR NOT THAT COOL !

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by NY mike, Jan 8, 2022.

1. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    No doubt. I think I was just surprised because I wasn't a "Harley or nothing" kind of guy. So not caring what others ride I didn't expect them to care about what I did, or have anything to say about it. The second thing that surprised me was it was from Harley guys.

I didn't care. It was a fun bike and I rode it all over. I floored the sales guy when I stopped back in the dealer two months after buying it to pick up a windshield I ordered and I had 3700 miles on it already. I bought it new. I got it to save money on gas and for that it was great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I love it when someone I know has bought their 2nd or even third Harley and make excuses as to why …… lmao.

I say….. it’s ok there getting better and besides it’s what you like. Ride what you like.

Them …. I’m surprised you haven’t bought one yet. You’ve been riding that Victory what like 11 years now.

I say ….. don’t be surprised. I ride demos all the time both Indian and HD to compare and you see what I still ride.

Them….. yeah they ( victory) are good bikes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I never answer that question. I just give the look I’m known for by my friends when I do get asked that question. It’s the kind of stare at you with a smirk look while I slowly remove my helmet and gloves then keep staring as I walk right up and past you. You get no answer …. Nothing !!!! Good day sir !!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    I got a buddy that is all about Harley. However, to this date he will tell me how badass my Vic is. Talk about how it will out run/ride his road glide all day long. He has ridden my CC a few times and loves it but it ain't a Harley.

To each their own in my opinion. If you want to buy based off of name that's on you.

I was gonna buy a Yahama until I treat drove my first CC and couldn't live without it. To this date I haven't ridden another bike that would make change my mind. A vision might but haven't ridden one for that reason lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Now that is a Tude...

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Yeah the Bar is the destination and the Shield only goes on the Bike in the Winter...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Ah yes the days before Covid when I used to pass the HDs with a smile... Now with social distancing I just blow the Bltch on the backseat HD halter up over her head as the Vic roars by...

No mask of course as it messes up the scenting of the burning oil prior to visual target acquisition...

[​IMG]

Five minutes earlier:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 6
  8. LEVON106

LEVON106 Well-Known Member

2006 Hammer and 2016 Magnum 74 Norton Commando
    Your giving it too much thought man. They should receive as much attention from you as something you may have scraped off your shoe, especially after your first attempt to engage them. On the other hand maybe that's just me being me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. jandjp

jandjp Well-Known Member

Vision
    Seems like a lot of people get butt hurt over this phenomenon. Don't let their insecurities become your insecurity and don't look to someone else for your self validation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Exactly. It’s a terrible way for people to live their lives on both ends of the rope.

here’s a story ……. Back in 89 I bought a 5.0 lx coupe mustang 5speed. It was fun and the best bang for the buck I’ve ever owned even to date. One night I was at an ATM. All alone until a guy around my age (30’s) pulled in driving a new corvette. While I was pulling some cash for my Saturday night festivities he stood back waiting and when I turned around he says to me ….. “ how’s it feel to drive a slo- stang ?
    I kept my cool and just walked away thinking to my self how proud I was owning my first brand new car and it being that mustang. So I waited for him to come down to his car and I said “ hey ….. wanna find out how slow this stang is ? …… you may want to go back up there and get some more money out of that ATM. “
    He declined the offer with some lame excuse that he was late to pick up his girl and I just laughed and said … “yep … thought so”. Leaving a nice little burn out as I exited the parking lot.

Fact was I probably couldn’t beat him but my 89 was what was called a factory freak. All stock on Goodyear gator backs it ran 13:80 in the 1/4 mile. Consistent 13:90 with a best of 13:80. The car was a quick made on Wednesday car. My 2 bosses at the time had 89 convertible corvettes that couldn’t get by me thus the reason I wasn’t afraid to take on the ASSHAT spoiled rich kid that felt the need to insult me and my car. Didn’t care if I would have lost. Just loved putting on my poker face and slinging some sh!t in his face and as I thought he was just a pussy.
    Today I just ignore but I make sure that what I have that’s being insulted is worth defending and a Victory motorcycle is just that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Slicky, I have two Corvettes and one is a 87 C-4 and I can tell you right now that the Stang... Well, I also leased one of them in Black in the mid-80's Hot Wheel 5.0's GT with a five speed and that thing did ran like the wind and would or could do what you say. Even the Highway Patrol had a Fleet of them for pursuit. The Vette would have got you out of hole, but didn't produce many more ponies and was heavy.

Now the C-7 Z06, different story, but them Mustangs are still pumping out the ponies, so maybe not till the twisties... Even then, it will be a knife-fight and you right, he was a dick...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Possvic

Possvic Active Member

Victory Vegas 8-Ball
    Ahhh yes, brings back (not so fond memories) early 70's HD Sporster made by the bowling ball folks that my cousin rarely rode: I put more miles on it then he did...guess I was cool, guess I'll just have to stick with my 16' Vegas 8-Ball, got that Sporster look ya know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    ;)
    On the Norm I never let them bother me. In fact when I’m on my Harleys and they decide oh he’s ok I totally ignore them purposely LOL and I’ve been like that for years now. My sons caugh it years ago. Hey Pop what’s the deal you’ll Nod at everyone but Harley Riders ? I said yes because it pisses them off. But they won’t acknowledge anyone but a Harley rider Fukem ;):D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Boatsknows

Boatsknows New Member

Victory Kingpin
    I still get plenty of people looking down their noses at me, regardless if I'm on my Vic Kingpin, GL1800 or my 2020 Spyder RT. I like them all. I ride the one I feel like riding. Mostly I'm just amused by it all. I even have a friend who has a Slingshot. I don't hold that against him. I'm reminded of what somebody once said on the Internet, "Aint nobody got time for that!"

• Like Like x 3
  15. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I wouldn't hold it against him either......as long as he doesn't think it is a motorcycle. I am sure they are fun to drive though I am not sure my back would enjoy it. From what I read from those that have ridden in them they are not much in the suspension department.

• Funny Funny x 1