VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I haven't been around much due to my wife's health. I have decided that since it is not being ridden I need to let my XC go. I had the displeasure of adding up how much money I have invested (with the plans of never selling) and it was depressing (OVER $10000 plus labor)!
I know aftermarket add ons don't add much value, but I don't want to put it back to stock to sell. I can't leave the house without getting positive comments, so I think I will get interest. Just don't know how much to ask. I haven't seen any in my area for sale (especially with all the mods I have).
The list of parts is WAY to long to post, but I have a few pics
The main things are
2013 with 24xxx miles
It has a 23" wheel
TONS of billet accessories
heated grips/seat
Garmin 660
upgraded stereo
dynojet with tune

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
look up the blue book value on line and advertise it for whatever you want you can always lower the price.
Also Hotrod cycles in Evansville will take consignments he sells quite a few bikes.
Now is a good time to sell.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look up the blue book value on line and advertise it for whatever you want you can always lower the price.
Also Hotrod cycles in Evansville will take consignments he sells quite a few bikes.
Now is a good time to sell.
I went to Hot Rod Motorcycle first since I have great luck with him selling my Harley. He said he won't sell ANY Victory bikes. The book value is based on a stock bike, and I was wondering what the extras might add.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I go to Searchtempest from time to time just to keep up with the pricing on Vics. I've noticed two things. They seem to stay up for sale for a loonnggg time. Sooner of later, most lower the price and it seems the median price for nice (and your's is very nice) CC's is around 10k asking.

I don't notice them going up or moving all that fast. Sad, but true. I wish you well. You just need that one right buyer.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Extras matter to those who want them so make sure you have a detailed list. You'll probably get a buyer who will want your ride because of those upgrades. I wouldn't of done the upgrades on my bike, but I love having them and would pay a bit more. 1/3rd value of cost is safe and fair, to any real rider and lover of a true personal horse. Good luck and really nice looking bike.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Clearly a well kept and well modded XC.

I would think $12,500 for the buyer and seller would be fair here in the Southwest. Can't say what would be fair there. If Victory hadn't shut down; probably get a couple grand more.

Prices may be stabilizing and coming back up some though. If so it will be a slow rise in street value.

Can't go higher than your asking price so maybe start around $14k or maybe $14,500 and note you would be willing to negotiate price and terms. Don't take payments though. If so, keep the bike until paid off, then sign over the title.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are three basic types of buyers:
Clueless Buyer who knows little about the value of bikes but can see how much they are selling for compared to other bikes
Research Buyer who actually looks up the resale price of a bike
Knowledgeable Buyer who recognizes and knows (or researches) the cost of added on aftermarket stuff

The seller has to decide how badly (quick) they want the bike sold. Quicker sales happen if the price interests all three buyer types. If money is more important than a fast sell, then the price can be higher to appeal to the Knowledgeable Buyer who would know the value of the add on parts and purchase the bike to save labor of doing it all himself. The Clueless Buyer will not bite on a bike priced higher than other bikes like it ... the Research Buyer will only know the NADA/KBB price and may not bite on a price higher than that.

So price the bike on what you want out of it, i.e. a quick sale, a return on the aftermarket stuff invested, or a combination of both.

As an example, I was a Research Buyer when I found my CCT. I looked up the NADA and saw the dealership was offering it for that price. I also recognized that the bike had a good number of options (21" front wheel, lots of chrome add on, mirrors, etc) but hadn't a clue how much the options cost. I felt like it was a good deal because the bike was at NADA price and obviously had options that cost more. The dealership was happy to finally sell the bike because it had been sitting on the showroom floor for quite some time (as per a comment by the salesman). I happen to know that the dealership could have priced the bike higher and routinely does for aftermarket options, but they needed to get the bike sold and priced it accordingly.

If time is not a factor, price the bike up for a return on the aftermarket investment. If time is a factor, price it at or maybe even below NADA. :)

One last bit: my personal opinion is aftermarket stuff on a bike is only worth half of what it actually cost.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well looks like you need a differing opinion!!!! I enjoyed watching you via the VOG put your ride together. I say let it sit. Do not know your situation and do not need to know.....let it sit. They do not rot. Wheels thru time museum proves that. You may need a blow out ride every once in awhile a stress reliever! You may need to go outside for a second to wash it or let it run for awhile!! Ohh well it sits.....maybe you have to sell it in a few years maybe you don't. You are going to have to work hard to find all those after market bits and pieces if you ever miss the "Brand" in a a year or 2. Why take a big hit just because it sits...ohh well its yours! IMHO

·
Registered
235 Posts
To the OP.I bought my 2013 XCT in 2016 with 16,000 miles from a Kawasaki dealer for $11,000 in 2016 it and that was before Victory shut down.There was only a very small group of riders that wanted them when Victory was open for buisines and now that they are closed much smaller group.You will just have to get real lucky and find somebody with the cash that wants the same bling you bought.Now I have about 13 thousand in it with pullbacks, passenger grab bars and a tune and 38,000 miles, I seriously doubt anyone would pay $8000 for mine.I sure wish you good luck.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
To the OP.I bought my 2013 XCT in 2016 with 16,000 miles from a Kawasaki dealer for $11,000 in 2016 it and that was before Victory shut down.There was only a very small group of riders that wanted them when Victory was open for buisines and now that they are closed much smaller group.You will just have to get real lucky and find somebody with the cash that wants the same bling you bought.Now I have about 13 thousand in it with pullbacks, passenger grab bars and a tune and 38,000 miles, I seriously doubt anyone would pay $8000 for mine.I sure wish you good luck.
What country and what part?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Unfortunately the upgrades we did are just doing a solid for the next owner if we don’t ride it into the ground.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah with the motorcycle market in a slump overall and with the situation that Victory is no more, many dealers will not even take one on a trade. Why? Because they cant sell them. They have a tiny market and the true value is in the gutter. I know the upgrades do very little for a bike in fact overall you are better off having a stock bike to sell, that is unless you get lucky and find that one buyer, which you may.

I would look at Cycle Trader and the like and see what comps are going for to gauge a starting point. For a 13 XC looks like people are asking in the $9,000 - $11,000 range for bikes with similar miles. Good luck and I hope the wife gets better soon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am afraid I will have to cut my throat on it. I know they are not heavily sought after before or after Polaris screwed us. It is very much HD county here in the Midwest.
I don't want to keep it since I am afraid to ride. My wife is on Hospice care with Stage IV breast cancer. If something were to happen to me, my kids would be orphans. I can't risk that. I want to get some return on investment, but I'm not going to sit on it forever. I have it on Craigslist for $14500. Would like to get at least $13000, but if it sits long enough, I'll make a big markdown to move it. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am afraid I will have to cut my throat on it. I know they are not heavily sought after before or after Polaris screwed us. It is very much HD county here in the Midwest.
I don't want to keep it since I am afraid to ride. My wife is on Hospice care with Stage IV breast cancer. If something were to happen to me, my kids would be orphans. I can't risk that. I want to get some return on investment, but I'm not going to sit on it forever. I have it on Craigslist for $14500. Would like to get at least $13000, but if it sits long enough, I'll make a big markdown to move it. Thanks everyone.
I think that is a good starting point for you to start at.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
I think you should take book value and add all the accessories and show the value of that. Then come up with a fair price somewhere in between. You will have to take some loss of course. Someone out there knows the value of a well set up Victory tastefully done ready and waiting for them.
You just have to sell how good it is.
Otherwise you unload it and take a huge loss.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Rumble on is another place to try and sell. Rumbleon.com

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.