1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
456 Posts
They also just announced a stop all 116 kit installations !! Fix to be announced May 7. Speculation is different tuning or stronger rods. Major fail if it is a rod issue. There is a reason Lloydz highly recommends upgraded rods on his 121 big bore. Polaris likely didn't do enough research ahead of time. There is at least 1 on the forum that had a catastrophic failure of a 116. So glad i didn't go down the Indian road as I would have likely done the 116 when it came out to get some performance from the rather tame stock 111.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you imagine some dude in his garage smoking a little funny stuff and his bike starting up out of nowhere? "Holy Sh!t! the MFer is possessed!"
A scenario out of a cheap horror flick. But it's plausible.

Reactions: Flyboy and Rollin

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
A scenario out of a cheap horror flick. But it's plausible.
I read the release the other day. Can you imagine the salesmen's reactions in the dealership when a bike on the floor started for no reason?

• Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem is with a switch somewhere that gets corroded. And the bike fob has to be near for the sensor to begin activation.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I cannot remember who, but at least one member of the vog.net said that he never turns the kill switch, just the key off when he hops off.... I say it is not a good habit to leave it on as this is what happens. These bikes could/cannot start if the kill switch is in the non-running position....

I have the big dawg fob monitoring system on my XCT and the main reason I do not have it set to 'automatic' mode is that I could have the bike parked nearby at the curb and be right next to the bike and some one could start it and ride away.... I notice that the average distance for any of these type of things is round 9 to 12 feet distance, and yet my car is about 15 to 17 feet distance but one does need to push the fob button on it to open the doors or lock them....

Still is a bit rife to have such a defect in a self start fob system. Technology is just getting too smart for itself.....

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Seems Polaris didn't fire the tractor wiring guy that designed the electrics for Vic.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
You got a self starting tractor.... Damn I was amazed at seeing a 1950 something model tractor that came with a cigar lighter, standard equipment.....

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use my kill switch every time to shut off the bike. Reason why is I basically never used it on my 98 Goldwing and the kill switch on it failed closed, stranding me 30 miles north of the city. It was a $400 fix and a lesson to use it to keep the contacts clean ...or lose it.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Indian "Christine" model. :biggrin:
I'm going in the morning for my ghost-starting recall service appt. I've always stored my FOB in a faraday pouch, but this might be what's been draining my battery. I'm hoping they'll warranty and replace my Indian's battery tomorrow too. I had to pull the battery from my HighBall to ride the Indian to the dealer tomorrow, luckily they're the exact same model # batteries.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.