VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys. I'm just full of questions these days. The new Vegas has self canceling turn signals. I've never had a bike with those before. Anyway, the wife was complaining the first time she road it that they don't stay on long enough. I thought maybe she was doing something wrong. So I rode it, and sure enough, they seem to only stay on for about a half a block. Is there a way to adjust these or are we doing something wrong? Just curious.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I dont know how exactly they work but sometimes they shut off quicker then other times. Also, when I am going slow into a parking lot they dont seem to ever shut off. I know that doesn't anser your question, but I think they are just quirky

·
Registered
155 Posts
they also work fromyour speed if activated below 15 mph they will cancel shortly after you reach 15 mph. If speed is above 15 mph it will cancel based on distance. there is an explanation in your oper. manuel

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Losman said:
they also work fromyour speed if activated below 15 mph they will cancel shortly after you reach 15 mph. If speed is above 15 mph it will cancel based on distance. there is an explanation in your oper. manuel
Good One, We can always tell who reads their manual.
OT

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
When I know I am in a critical turning situation I always assume they have canceled. Always hit the turn signal as I am approaching the intersection.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

I often will signal way in advance of my intended turn especially when followed by cages. Realizing that the signals self cancel I always make sure to signal again several times. Depending on on coming traffic I will manually cancel the signal as I straighten out of the turn.
Guess I need to re RTFM.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Can't remember how many owners have asked me how I got my turn signals to stay on so much longer....... I keep hitting the button. I would rather have to hit the switch several times than ride 10 miles down the road with my turn signal on. :O

·
Registered
326 Posts

Directly from the 2007 Hammer's Owners manual;

Push the switch to the left to activate the left turn signals, and to the right to activate the right turn signals. To manually cancel either turn signal, push the switch intoward the housing when in the center position.
If activated below15mph*, the turn signals cancel automatically shortly after the vehicle speed reaches 15mph
(24 kph). If a signal is activated with vehicle speed above 15 mph, cancelation will occur based on distance
traveled. NOTE: If a signal is activated at speeds above 15 mph and vehicle speed drops below 15 mph,
cancellation will occur shortly after speed again reaches 15 mph. (*The 15mph speed is approximate)

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cheyenne.
It should not stay on. My bike responds almost identically to the description that @Barry posted but the switch off on accelerating comes a bit higher than 15 on mine. If I turn on a turn signal and fail to slow enough, mine also times out in about 25 seconds or I can kill it manually. Another minor tweak, and it may just be the more recent bikes, is I can hold the switch over for a lane change and when I let go the signal shuts off automatically.
I don't think an 8 year old resurrection set a record but it has to be close.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.