VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To much work,(thankfully) not enough time. Needed to get a job done so I'm working a Saturday. Going to get my lunch, sitting a light, and this KP rides by me. If you are like me, seldom do I ever see another Vic. Made me realize as I was sitting there, how many Vic's I've seen in this little hick town this summer compared to years past. Have seen MANY XC's ride through, hard for me to pick out the steel frames as fast but I saw this KP. After they die,,,it's cool?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Same here. I've noticed more this year then ever before

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Same here. Just last Sunday I passed a guy on an older Vic. I made it a point to slow down beside him and wave. He saw my Vic and his eyes lit up.

But do you think that with the closing, we all may be looking a little harder for them?

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Since Fairweather riding season has begun I think I've averaged 2 Vic sightings month.

I did see a blue 06 V92 on my way to work one morning then a day or two later I spotted him on the side o 795. I pulled over to find out that he (Frank from PA) had stop to light up on his way to see his cardiologist. LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh man in the last couple of months I've seen Kingpins, Highballs cross countrys...even a vision trike. Amazing. Lots of Vics in Vancouver BC area. You'd think they were selling good lol.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Since the fall, I see one every time I ride. Now that the bike is no longer made it's cool to ride one.

·
Registered
828 Posts
At the gas station the other day a guy says to me "They don't make those anymore. Harleys been around 100 years!"

I'm not sure what reply he wanted. Disappointment?

I just said I'm glad I got mine when I did! And its good harley is still makinh bikes. I can get one anytime I want.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I've had people come up and say what a great looking bike....all said my VICTORY on tank drew them over to see. Can't tell you how many I've told how much I loved mine AND if something happened to it I'd look for another. Out of all of them I've had 2 email me they went out and purchased one and love it. Told them get on here and not only learn good info....meet GREAT people.....hope they do.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Me thinks Vics were starting to catch on even before Polaris pulled the plug. Saw a lot more just within a 3 year time frame.

·
Registered
165 Posts
On a trip in Monterey, CA and saw a Magnum parked with a bunch of Harleys on Cannery Row, the Magnum really stood out. Driving back to the hotel saw 2 beautiful blacked out Visions at an intersection.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
A moment in Nature.

Victory's are not to be confused with their their distant and less refined porcine cousins. Those ones who when they get out at all, mostly travel in groups. These "sounders" usually congregate at feeding or watering holes and only take short journeys to reach the next one where they continue to chatter endlessly. These wallowing groups make it easier for the general populace get up close and look at so they tend to confuse all species they see with the common porker. You may see the occasional feral running around but they too are usually on route to join their kin in some genus-specific activities. One aspect of this group that makes them easier to spot for the casual observer is due to the strength of their breeding and numbers they pretty much all look the same. Like many other critters that travel in herds it can be difficult to tell one from another and in fact can cause confusion when leaving the watering hole.

As you've discovered, spotting Victory's in the wild can be a bit challenging at times. They certainly aren't shy but tend not to be idle and like to move around. They usually travel alone or in small groups and are always on the move. Your best chance to catch a glimpse of them is at a feeding station where they have to stop every couple of hours. They tend to run a lot and being able to see them sprinting down a straight trail or meandering through the trees is a rare treat. Almost all known photos of the elusive Vic have been taken when they are at rest between their travels.

So keep an informed eye out during your days and you're sure to find there are more of the elusive Vic's around than you previously realized.

·
Registered
213 Posts
At the gas station the other day a guy says to me "They don't make those anymore. Harleys been around 100 years!"

I'm not sure what reply he wanted. Disappointment?

I just said I'm glad I got mine when I did! And its good harley is still makinh bikes. I can get one anytime I want.
Good answer! I would like to use that in conversation...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I stopped by Gregory Polaris, my home Victory dealer yesterday. They said they had sold a several since I was there two weeks ago and choices were getting slim...

Reactions: Ampdreamer

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
A moment in Nature.

Victory's are not to be confused with their their distant and less refined porcine cousins. Those ones who when they get out at all, mostly travel in groups. These "sounders" usually congregate at feeding or watering holes and only take short journeys to reach the next one where they continue to chatter endlessly. These wallowing groups make it easier for the general populace get up close and look at so they tend to confuse all species they see with the common porker. You may see the occasional feral running around but they too are usually on route to join their kin in some genus-specific activities. One aspect of this group that makes them easier to spot for the casual observer is due to the strength of their breeding and numbers they pretty much all look the same. Like many other critters that travel in herds it can be difficult to tell one from another and in fact can cause confusion when leaving the watering hole.

As you've discovered, spotting Victory's in the wild can be a bit challenging at times. They certainly aren't shy but tend no to be idle and like to move around. They usually travel alone or in small groups and are always on the move. Your best chance to catch a glimpse of them is at a feeding station where they have to stop every couple of hours. They tend to run a lot and being able to see them sprinting down a straight trail or meandering through the trees is a rare treat. Almost all known photos of the elusive Vic have been taken when they are at rest between their travels.

So keep an informed eye out during your days and you're sure to find there are more of the elusive Vic's around than you previously realized.
"MOVING"...KEY word :devil3:

Reactions: RazorGunner

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
I caught sight of a red steel frame a couple of days ago at an intersection. It was the first Vic I saw since SEVR this year. Needless to say I saw a few Vics on that trip going in both directions (ride out and back).

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I saw a couple guys riding today near Deming...one was on a very clean black XCT. The tail lights are unmistakable. That's what caught my attention first.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
For me, on the steel frame, it was the shape of the Vegas-like tank.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I saw a very nice and clean 04 V92TC at Ohiopyle in Pennsylvania. We stopped for a smoke break and the guy parked right next to my Vic and my brothers Hardly. While we were stopped, a few people actually came over and took a picture of my Vic and said how much they liked my bike. But they made no comments about the Hardly's that were parked there. How sad......

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.