VOG Forum banner

Seats for a hammer

915 3
Are all Hammer seats interchangable with each other or are they different depending on the year of Hammer?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I answered my own question this weekend. I bought a used touring seat for my Hammer and was a little shocked when I went to install it because the bolt patter was totally different than my stock seat. Little did I know that it required drilling 4 holes in my rear fender to install it! Luckily I was having new exhaust put on my bike so I just had the dealer install the seat while it was in there. So, the final answer to my question is yes. All of the seats will work on any Hammer it just my requires some expected modifications to your rear fender.

·
Registered
153 Posts

No one told me about any Holes?!!! I have a 07 Hammer premium (just bought used with 700mi on the clock- love it). Before even riding it, I had the dealer put the Victory touring seat on, but I saved the stock one and the cowl. My plan was/is to switch them out occasionally, since I love the look of of the stock one- but it is hardly girlfriend friendly.
My question from the collective and individual geniuses here:
a) is there really 4 new bolt holes lurking under the seat now? Are they going to be ugly/intrusive if still want to switch the seats out?
b) does the backrest on the Vic touring seat come off? I never even tried, but it just occurred to me in reading a few threads.
c) has anyone sorted out a quick change method to swap seats without the project of removing those bolts each time. Sounds like a project.
Many thanks, wise ones

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
open1mind said:
My question from the collective and individual geniuses here:
a) is there really 4 new bolt holes lurking under the seat now? Are they going to be ugly/intrusive if still want to switch the seats out?
b) does the backrest on the Vic touring seat come off? I never even tried, but it just occurred to me in reading a few threads.
c) has anyone sorted out a quick change method to swap seats without the project of removing those bolts each time. Sounds like a project.
Many thanks, wise ones
Here ya go.
a) Yes there are 4 new holes under your seat but if you put the stock seat back on they are NOT visable at all.
b) I don't believe it does. Not 100% sure on that one though never thought about aking it off so I never looked.
c) I know others have looked into this and as of now I've never heard of a quick change method.
It really doesn't take much to switch the seats. About 15-20 minutes, probably less if you did it more often and got a system down to swap them. So don't be afraid to do it, you'll be shocked though at how hard the factory seat is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.