VOG Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
My hight changes day to day but I'm always fat, just more fat some days. It's a ratio thing.
Have the same problem.....not so much over weight as under tall. I loved my dad, but mom could have married a taller man.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We are within 5 pounds of being the same size
My bony ass loves the RDL and if you ever ride with a passenger, they will appreciate the added comfort
I don’t doubt they are comfortable and I think they do look good on the bigger bikes just not so much for mine.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one of Wil's seats on my Vision, could not be happier, the info you gives him will help him make your seat. I live in Washington state and shipped my seat to him, I have never met him, nor did I send him an imprint of my ass. I can tell you, he does some fantastic work. I also had one on a Vegas I owned for awhile and loved it too. I learned the hard way that the best seat you can buy is one built for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if Will does your seat, you'll be a believer. Like me, I was a bit skeptical. Considering the price of both my seats and the timeframe, I was a little hesitant but trust me.. it's WORTH EVERY PENNY!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is extremely likely that Will @ Cyclops can make you very happy. You don't need to mold the seat to literally match your assprint. I'd say that is likely to change over the course of a few years for many of us, yeah? The seat just needs to have the basic shape right. Shaped so that the foam can easily mold itself to you with even pressure (for lack of better term), and a space to stow your tailbone.

I had to replace the beautiful OEM seats on my bike almost immediately. For my bike and me- the Sargent was the way to go- and it has been the best money I ever spent on a bike. That OEM seat looked like a million bucks- but felt like a Flintstones relic. Hell my OEM unmodified Judge seat was WAY better than the slab that came on this thing. (Sargent does not have much for Vics, sorry to say)

Side note- Because I'm not here all the time anymore- if you start reading old crap about Will's troubles from years ago- ALL indications are that he is way WAY past all that. I feel very good about recommending that you disregard. Marriage is grand. Divorce is a hundred grand.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just went for an hour ride on the new seat. I wouldn’t call it perfect but much better especially having a back rest. I thought it would set me back and down some but I’m up probably an inch and a little forward. Not sore like I was with the other seat so I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Put mustang seat on my VTX I was mostly happy with it. Only issue I bought the wider version should have bought the skinny version because it cut into my legs. Wider isn't always better.

Glad the OP found seat better than stock they can be happy with.

You can always have the stock redone now that you have a spare if you feel the need.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts