VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do something about my uncomfortable seat. I’ve looked at Mustang seats online and they seem nice but I’ve never sat on one. For $1100 it’s a big gamble.
I talked to Will at Cycleops and for $400 to $500 he will reshape and recover my existing seat. He said he’s done hundreds of Victory seats. I was on the phone with him for 30 minutes as he explained in great detail what he would do and the benefits of it all. Only downside I see is that he is several states away from me.
I also talked to Slim of Slims cycle seats. He didn’t seem near as interested in working on my seat but who knows maybe he didn’t like being bothered on a Saturday. Mid $300’s for same job and he’s only 20 miles away from me.
Anyone here have a seat redone by either of these guys?
Product Font Screenshot Material property Software

Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device Portable communications device

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They can get close based on that but it's not your exact ass.
It's better than generic like a mustang or such and you can do things like moving you forward and backward with a custom job.
So now I need to send him a plaster mold of my ass to make sure it’s made to fit me perfectly? I guess I need to start another post on what plaster to use. :cus:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We are within 5 pounds of being the same size
My bony ass loves the RDL and if you ever ride with a passenger, they will appreciate the added comfort
I don’t doubt they are comfortable and I think they do look good on the bigger bikes just not so much for mine.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just went for an hour ride on the new seat. I wouldn’t call it perfect but much better especially having a back rest. I thought it would set me back and down some but I’m up probably an inch and a little forward. Not sore like I was with the other seat so I’m happy with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts