VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I need to do something about my uncomfortable seat. I’ve looked at Mustang seats online and they seem nice but I’ve never sat on one. For $1100 it’s a big gamble.
I talked to Will at Cycleops and for $400 to $500 he will reshape and recover my existing seat. He said he’s done hundreds of Victory seats. I was on the phone with him for 30 minutes as he explained in great detail what he would do and the benefits of it all. The only downside I see is that he is several states away from me.
I also talked to Slim, of Slim's cycle seats. He didn’t seem near as interested in working on my seat but who knows maybe he didn’t like being bothered on a Saturday. Mid $300’s for the same job and he’s only 20 miles away from me.

Does anyone here have a seat redone by either of these guys?

Product Font Screenshot Material property Software

Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device Portable communications device

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Every rear is different.
Custom seat is your best option if you can afford it.

• Agree
Reactions: Admin

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Cycleops has been mentioned many many times here. I don't know if anyone has had a bad experience and I considered going there on one of my cross country trips or to send my beat up seat to them. But without an updated and anatomically correct imprint of my ass, it's also a bit of a gamble.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
They can get close based on that but it's not your exact ass.
It's better than generic like a mustang or such and you can do things like moving you forward and backward with a custom job.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
My hight changes day to day but I'm always fat, just more fat some days. It's a ratio thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They can get close based on that but it's not your exact ass.
It's better than generic like a mustang or such and you can do things like moving you forward and backward with a custom job.
So now I need to send him a plaster mold of my ass to make sure it’s made to fit me perfectly? I guess I need to start another post on what plaster to use. :cus:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
So now I need to send him a plaster mold of my ass to make sure it’s made to fit me perfectly? I guess I need to start another post on what plaster to use. :cus:
No pics please.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
That’s essentially what RDL does, right? W/out the plaster, of course. They custom make to your boney (in my case anyway) ass.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
327 Posts
A Mustang seat is a proven and tried upgrade to stock. They must come up used for sale at some stage. I would consider one a much better bet than paying someone good money to possibly render your own seat useless to you. My Mustang touring seat allows me to ride my Kingpin from fuel stop to fuel stop with no discomfort at all.
Rob

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
For what it's worth the drag specialties seat works for me. I read others move rider farther from handlebars and my average size body is far enough back. XCT stock heated seat due to age or whatever I was sitting on the plastic seat pan. So anything is better than that.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Mustang on my VTX has great back support and the backrest is great too. I assume similar on the Vic model. It looks similar in photo.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a mustang on my Gunner, it makes a world of difference, especially with the backrest! I have not had a custom seat made yet, but leaning that way on the seat for my XC.

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark
1 - 20 of 36 Posts