VOG Forum banner

Seat Mods??

3661 Views 16 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  dr_reloader
I sadly admit I'm not a candidate for the Iron Butt but I could use a more comfortable seat. I know with the 4" of foam it is supposed to be very comfy but even with the sheepskin it still is somewhat lacking. Has anyone made any mods to their seat or exchanged it for a Russell, etc? I've got the heated seat which I would not want to lose as I'll need it in the next couple of months.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
I to was looking for a more comfortable ride (seat) but did not want to give up the heat for late year riding. I finally settled on a Air Hawk Cushion for those long rides. In march I went to Bentonville AR and did 13.5 hours in the saddle in one day. It was ok but the ride back the next day after a few hours I was moving around trying to get comfortable. Now, I do have a tailbone that will act up occassionally and it did that day. Well, I was taking another trip to Montana and back a few weeks back and purchased the Air Hawk cushion for the ride. Two days in the saddle for about 10-12 hours each day and it was very comfortable and did not have to shift all over the place to be comfortable. It will cost you between 125 and 189 depending on where you get it but for this Vision rider....it was wonderful!

· Registered
325 Posts
Bubba and DJBoca,

I paid $129.00 at www.medicaldepartmentstore.com. Doing a new search I have found it for $98.99 athttp://www.specialmedical.com/p-591-roho-airhawk-2-seat-cushion-medium-cruiser.aspx.

It is well worth the money!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.