VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding season ends tomorrow. :(
This was a bad year. I put on more miles in one week last year than I put on this entire year. ( But I did make it to Hell and back!!)
Tomorrow the bike gets parked in the corner of the garage and covered up. This is going to be a long winter.
On the plus side this will give me a lot of time to plan rides for next year.
Tuesday morning I finally getmy arm fixed and hopefully 2010 will be a better year.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Good luck tomorrow with your arm, im sure everything will go well.
Cant wait to get out next year. But who knows maybe a few nice days this winter and shell fire up for a spin.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Steve,
Good Luck with the operation. I should find out what you are having done, I have an issue from a bad diagnosis and operation for a ruptured bicep on my right arm (I can't rotate my right hand to make my palm face flat up, I can only get my hand so my thumb is straight up)

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Good Luck with the operation. I should find out what you are having done, I have an issue from a bad diagnosis and operation for a ruptured bicep on my right arm (I can't rotate my right hand to make my palm face flat up, I can only get my hand so my thumb is straight up)
Thank you.
It's a partially torn tendon just below my elbow on my right arm.
The doctor says I won't be able to lift more than a pound for 6 weeks and it will be 3 months before it's healed.
I'm right handed. This is going to be challenging.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clubford00 said:
Good luck tomorrow with your arm, im sure everything will go well.
Cant wait to get out next year. But who knows maybe a few nice days this winter and shell fire up for a spin.
Thanks Dean!
I am going to have to make up for this next year.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Rollin,
I think that's a good move, get her done now so you don't stress it any more, and more time to work on it to get the arm in shape for next year. We are not getting any younger, it takes longer to heal. good luck
OneThumb

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Rollin said:
stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Thank you.
The doctor says I won't be able to lift more than a pound for 6 weeks and it will be 3 months before it's healed.
I'm right handed also. You are in for some fun...a few daily functions that you will need to learn to do lefty..if ya know what I mean. I had asked my wife to help me, she saw no humor in it at all.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Get well and back on the road soon Rollin. I've dispatched The A-Team to get you through this ordeal...

By A-Team, I meant, A Medical Team:

Get Well Soon.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stilcrazee said:
Rollin said:
stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Thank you.
I'm right handed also. You are in for some fun...a few daily functions that you will need to learn to do lefty..if ya know what I mean. I had asked my wife to help me, she saw no humor in it at all.
Should be interesting. I won't even be able to tie my shoes. :)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Rollin said:
stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Thank you.
Jim, your sick, truthfull, but sick none the less.
And besides using the other hand is like being with a different woman,
Lord i appologize and be with the starving pigmys..............

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clubford00 said:
stilcrazee said:
Rollin said:
stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Thank you.
A nursecould be helpful for any medical attention I may need.............

·
Registered
671 Posts
yea after nacy beats ya for thinking on haveing a nurse like that !! rest up freind get that arm in shape for next years rides i'm still planing on going down to the dragon next year and to the blue ridge and back threw tennessee mountin range !!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Clubford00 said:
stilcrazee said:
Rollin said:
stilcrazee said:
Steve,
Thank you.
Dean, I readily admit it, guilty as charged but I wasn't making reference to THAT.
I was thinking along the lines of daily bodily functions.. one of them requires ..never mind. Suffice to say that Steve will have to learn to do more than tie shoes with his left hand...there are still things I cannot do or do correctly with my right hand and I now do left handed. Using a soup spoon is one of them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Good luck with the surgery.

The good news is you will soon have 5 Gold Posty Stars like Clubford!!! LOLOL You may have a bunch of typos from left handed hunt & peck but we'll let it slide for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Good luck with the operation.
On the bright side, beer comes in 16 oz so you won't violate that limit. :p
The brain adapts quickly and you will catch on to being a lefty in no time. Drink lots of beer and use that as the excuse.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

RedRyder said:
Good luck with the operation.
On the bright side, beer comes in 16 oz so you won't violate that limit. :p
The brain adapts quickly and you will catch on to being a lefty in no time. Drink lots of beer and use that as the excuse.
Thank you!
If there's aone drink limit, I am ready.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

FishWitch said:
Good luck with the surgery.

The good news is you will soon have 5 Gold Posty Stars like Clubford!!! LOLOL You may have a bunch of typos from left handed hunt & peck but we'll let it slide for a couple of weeks.
Thanks Syd!
My typing speed is going to drop about 50%. Two fingers down to one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.