VOG Forum banner
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
This just doesn't satisfy me. Now if the headline read, "Scott Wine contracts rare form of ball cancer that causes them to shrivel up and fall off. No known cure so he's leaving Polaris to run Case..." That would please me.
As if the dude has balls...

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
He's got a lot of farm equipment competition in the world. But the brand missing in this gargantuan list is Massey Harris. Go figure.

List of tractor manufacturers - Wikipedia

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

The Polaris dealer that sold the first Vic in Canada was Elk Island Sales. Early this year, the owner dropped Polaris completely and got into farm equipment. Even Google Maps shows the place as a tractor dealer. How disheartening. But they will continue to service Victory and Polaris snow machines as long as customers want to bring them in.

Plant World Building Vegetation Urban design

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
He's got a lot of farm equipment competition in the world. But the brand missing in this gargantuan list is Massey Harris. Go figure.

List of tractor manufacturers - Wikipedia

View attachment 568565

The Polaris dealer that sold the first Vic in Canada was Elk Island Sales. Early this year, the owner dropped Polaris completely and got into farm equipment. Even Google Maps shows the place as a tractor dealer. How disheartening. But they will continue to service Victory and Polaris snow machines as long as customers want to bring them in.

View attachment 568567
Did not see a Hoyt Clagwell on that list. Guess Oliver Wendall Douglas owned the last one.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Yup, Scott Wine killed Victory, in part, due to the 'not invented here syndrome'. He did all he could to justify buying the Indian brand name and if that cost Polaris their own Victory brand, so be it. Victory didn't help Scott Wine in his mind, it was an obstacle that needed to be removed to help his Indian brand. Wine and his team saw Victory as a competitor, not as a partner so they killed it.

Victory Motorcycles was the idea and creativity of the regime previous to Scott Wine. No reason to believe the next new regime won't have similar ideas. After all, CEO's need to fill out their portfolio by saving their current company a lot of money. IF it's true that motorcycles haven't made money for Polaris Industries, there's no reason not to suspect that the Indian brand won't get killed off as well.

Though personally, I doubt the Indian brand will be killed off by the next regime but who knows until they get started and they figure out where and how they can make the biggest impact. Remember, most companies know or care a lot LESS about the products they make than their customers do. This is especially true of companies that make emotional and/or disposable income products. Do you think the Wall Street Kids who took over Remington cared a wit about any Remington product? No sir, all they cared about is cutting product quality by saving money on cheaper parts. Their decisions bankrupted Remington and it was just recently sold off to a few other companies. But the Wall Street Kids made their money anyway and have all moved on to repeat the process somewhere else.

At the CEO level, they could really care less about the products, all their focus is on next quarters stock value and their financial report. Because that's how CEO's make money. Sure, their salary is big but their real money is made in the options and/or stock price. And yes, their golden parachute is typically negotiated as part of the hiring process.
Well said, sir!

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I vote for Minneapolis Moline! They can whack New Holland, that doesn't sound American.
New Holland is Australian so Scotty Whiner can bring it back.
Dutch landed here long before the Brits did, hence the name New Holland.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Allis Chalmers, Farmall, Oliver, etc. whichever one has the most heritage
Coming soon, a new ad campaign with an outline image of this captioned, "Choice is coming to American tractors". As if what your compnay had already been making didn't exist...
Motor vehicle Font Vehicle Symbol Automotive exterior

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
I think that is what pissed me off the most about Killing Victory. Right after they created the best advertising slogan ever !
“There is now choice in American Motorcycles “
Even HD riders and HD employees, mechanics and salesmen were excited not only by the competition which drives a company to be better than their competitors but the fact that motorcycling was alive and continued to attract riders. Then all of a sudden ? What happened ?

Talking to the same people that were excited about the potential growth saw 1/3 of the puzzle axed. Their very own excitement dwindled and it was back to nostalgic aged repeating designs from yesteryear.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
693 Posts
I preferred the slogan:
View attachment 568597

No offense intended. That commercial told me absolutely nothing. It left me wondering what in the hell they were getting on about. It was a big part of the problem with Victory IMHO. I knew almost nothing about Vic's until 2014 or so. I knew they existed... that was about it. Glossy ad's that don't convey a real genuine message aren't worth a whole lot.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
When I saw the first television ad for the Honda Valkyrie in a power slide/drift, I knew exactly what the message was meant to convey. I went on to own two Honda Valkyrie Interstate models. The same with the CC in that power slide/drift ad. I knew exactly what message that ad was meant to convey.

In my very biased opinion, no one has come close to the uniqueness or the originality of the Victory Motorcycles Cross bikes. I've only owned my one CCT. If it's the last motorcycle I ever have, I'm perfectly fine with that. I know I 'get it'. I know Scott Wine and his Senior team at Polaris never did.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
No offense intended. That commercial told me absolutely nothing. It left me wondering what in the hell they were getting on about. It was a big part of the problem with Victory IMHO. I knew almost nothing about Vic's until 2014 or so. I knew they existed... that was about it. Glossy ad's that don't convey a real genuine message aren't worth a whole lot.
Same for me, but like a kid that just found a stash of something I liked, I was all in. Just went into a 4 wheeler dealer and walked between the Boats and Jet-Skis to a small showroom with one Victory of each type on the floor and was amazed. I hadn't ridden a bike in ten years and they just gave me the key to one.

Off I went for a twenty mile ride In the hills and coming from HDs and Gold-wings, I bought it right there and had it shipped Home. But, I was really looking for something other than Harley and as of 2013, they were looking the same and did not even get close to riding as well...

The price difference was substantial. No the Wineman orphaned the Brand for the Indian Moniker and all his BS was to cover his butt from the backlash.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
When I saw the first television ad for the Honda Valkyrie in a power slide/drift, I knew exactly what the message was meant to convey. I went on to own two Honda Valkyrie Interstate models. The same with the CC in that power slide/drift ad. I knew exactly what message that ad was meant to convey.

In my very biased opinion, no one has come close to the uniqueness or the originality of the Victory Motorcycles Cross bikes. I've only owned my one CCT. If it's the last motorcycle I ever have, I'm perfectly fine with that. I know I 'get it'. I know Scott Wine and his Senior team at Polaris never did.
Maybe the commercial wasn't long enough. There were many commercials. Most were really good but one thing they had in common with one another was the theme. "American Muscle". This was what Polarass was trying to convey. That they don't build boring look alike bikes and they certainly don't build their bike to ride like those bikes. Thus the slogan ....
" Ride one and you'll own one " !
Besides ...... who doesn't like a commercial with a bagger in a power slide leaving all kinds of tire smoke and track on the pavement.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.