VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm begining to look into the Vivctory Vision Tour, well I've decided when we get a tourer it's going to be the Vision. My wife and I both ride but she's almost decided she's ready to be a full time passenger. Current ride for me is a 2007 M109R and hers is a 2007 M50.
Looking forward to learning alot about the bikes and seeing what ya'll have to say about them. I'm not much of poster but I will be hanging out a lot. Hope you don't mind.
BING

·
Registered
657 Posts
Greetings. Hope you find what you are looking for here.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Bing, welcome! Get to a Vic Dealer and test ride them. Where u from? What will you do with the bike?

·
Registered
224 Posts
BING said:
I'm begining to look into the Vivctory Vision Tour, well I've decided when we get a tourer it's going to be the Vision. My wife and I both ride but she's almost decided she's ready to be a full time passenger. Current ride for me is a 2007 M109R and hers is a 2007 M50.
Looking forward to learning alot about the bikes and seeing what ya'll have to say about them. I'm not much of poster but I will be hanging out a lot. Hope you don't mind.
BING
Bing, I hear your wife on this one! My husband and I both ride, but there are many times I love riding two up.. especially on longer rides where I haven't ever been to before. I ride a 09 Victory Kingpin Low and my husband rides a Vulcan 2000, but we are thinking seriously about trading UP for a Vision or even I might get a CC to add to my garage. (I can't bring myself to selling my KP LOW)
We rented a Vision and rode two up.. LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! If a Vision could be lowered enough without dragging or having some issues, I'd probably get one myself. Have you tried one out yet?
Rumor has it that the 2011 Visions will have the Cross Country bags on them, which are far superior in size than the Visions have currently.. just a thought. He is thinking of waiting until late fall when the 11's are out to see what they have in the lineup.
Good luck with the Vision, you will just love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the Welcome!
As far as the bikes we have, we'll probably sell them and get the Vision andI really want to get the HD XR1200 as a fun bike too. Just something about it,I guess it's the old school look about it. But, Anyway, back to the Victory! Really want to go on some weekenders and week long riding trips, just can't do it on my 109. I don't like the way they look with bags and a screen and the riding position isn't for touring. A lot of people do it on them, butI don't want too go that direction with mine.
Belles,
Yea, she is the same way about the long rides. She can do a full day of riding but doesn't want anymore of it for a couple days after that, just wears her out. She loves riding her own, but she's thinking it's time to kick back. It was her idea or should say it wasshe that planted the seed of a touring bike. All she had to do was mention that she would up to doing a lot more riding if we went that direction. SoI started looking.I knewI didn't want a Goldwing or BMW and HD was just too "common" for me. I ruled out the Vulcan and Star whenI found the Vision, it has close to the same touque as my 109, although it doesn't quite have the HP as my 109, it was close enough to get me thinking. Also the look is right down my alley and you don't see that many on the road, at least where I'm at inCentral VA. We'll at least wait until the end of this riding season, hopefully the 2011's will be out by then, to do some comparing of the 2010s.
I'll be getting to the dealer for a test ride hopefully by the end of May. Got a vacation coming up so we're short on time at the moment trying to get everything done for work before we go.
Thanks again for the welcomes!

·
Registered
265 Posts

BellesAZ, I tried for years to get my wife to ride her own bike. She finaly said OK.
Found a little 350 honda for her, took the safety course, pased and got her MC endorsement. After about half a summer of riding she said that she would just rather ride with me and not her own. Sold the 350 and never looked back. It sure is nice to have her with me. Some of our best talks have been just me and her on the back on a trip. When she si not on the back I realy do miss her.

·
Registered
130 Posts
BING said:
BING
Bing,
Welcome to the site. We just bought a pearl white 2010 Vision and LOVE IT! After researching for a year we bought in January. I love the way this bike feels to ride and my wife is just as happy with it. It is very comfortable and handles nicely 2 up even in slow manuvers. You will definitely enjoy this ride!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome aboard Bing & Mrs. Bing!!

If ya go with the Vision get all the bells & whistles right off the get go. The sound of the new XC bags next year is cool!

Set up with your local dealer & schedule a ride for the 2 of you. Keep us posted.

Both the bikes you ride are great. My suggestion is, if affordable keep one of the other bikes, so Mrs. Bing has her own, although she will be quite able to ride the Vision on her own no problemo! But to have the 2nd bike is also fun as an option.

Keep us posted & WELCOME!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Welcome to the club Bing!
WW

·
Registered
224 Posts
devil said:
BellesAZ, I tried for years to get my wife to ride her own bike. She finaly said OK.
Found a little 350 honda for her, took the safety course, pased and got her MC endorsement. After about half a summer of riding she said that she would just rather ride with me and not her own. Sold the 350 and never looked back. It sure is nice to have her with me. Some of our best talks have been just me and her on the back on a trip. When she si not on the back I realy do miss her.
Awwww.. that's the most romantic thing I've ever heard! First to her for trying it out FOR YOU and then to you.. for expressing your feelings for her in that way.
I'm going to make my husband read this... mwahahaha!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bing, you should see if your dealership does rentals and do like we did.. take one out for the day.. or an overnighter somewhere. That's what really sold my husband. Even two up, it handles like a dream.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.