Say NO to Haulbikes | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Say NO to Haulbikes

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Dirtydan69, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Dirtydan69

Dirtydan69 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory cross country Trike
    Haulbikes? DON'T. They just dropped my bike off and the battery is completely dead. drained, nadda nothing. Someone must of bumped the air ride switch and left the compressor running. Only way it could have happened. Called them to complain and they said that is not covered under their insurance. Yet I paid extra for ZERO deductible and they told me everything was covered. Not to mention my white bike is now absolutely filthy. Must have sat in some warehouse getting spewed on by fumes from the semis. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

2. Teflon Mike

Teflon Mike Well-Known Member

2014 Vegas 8 Ball & 2017 chieftain
    That's bull. Sorry to hear

3. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Next time don't feel like riding to destination IM me on here. I'm retired, 50 years riding 21 different bikes, and only charge getting me to you and back home after, food, lodging and gas to ride your bike where you want. I'm insured on any bike/car/truck I'm on/in....IF your vehicle is to. When we went thru Sturgis and heading home we laughed at all the bikes trailered/shipped there...unless for show of course. (Prefer riding a VICTORY LOL) 65 years young and excellent rider.:angel4:

4. Dirtydan69

Dirtydan69 Active Member

Yeah I prob should have done that. Lesson learned. Since they bill themselves as hauling bikes specially I thought they would have cared more. They don't.

I was in the process of moving from Chicago to San Tan Valoey AZ so riding it wasn't an option. Suppose I should have bought a bigger trailer and loaded the bike on it with the rest of my belongings.

5. Teflon Mike

Sometime it's best to just cut losses. Sucks but that's life. Totally sucks, because a dead battery and dirty bike is enough to be annoyed, especially considering you paid extra so if something like this happens, they should take care of it. But not enough that you should spend a lot of your time to see it through and get them to do the right thing. You know? All you can really do is brush it off.

However if you have the time and patience, I'm sure you can make some calls up the latter and I wouldn't fault you for doing so. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

6. Teflon Mike

Oh yea, fyi, I've never heard of haulbikes before. So I googled them. My god. Terrible reviews all across the board. Lots of bad press all over the internet. Going by what some people say, it seems like you are one of the lucky ones who've used them.

Again sorry about your misfortune, but thanks for the heads up

7. Dirtydan69

Dirtydan69 Active Member

You know I guess I'm an idiot. I never saw those reviews.

8. Teflon Mike

Don't kick yourself too much. And honestly, I'm not really one to put too much stock into online reviews. There are always competitors skewing the picture, and jerks that like to birch and moan about every little thing.

My business is online and open to scrutiny via yelp, Google, yp and a slew of other sites. Seeing things from my point of view, I can usually tell when it's a competitor writing the review, even if it's not my business they're reviewing.

Having said that, this place seems to have questionable ethics at best.

9. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    Yelp is complete bullshit. All the bad reviews go on top and they bury or completely erase the good reviews unless the business pays their Fee to join, it's blackmail so don't go by them. I hate to say it, but if your air-ride is hot wired to come on without the key on, you share in the responsibility here for the battery being dead.

10. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    The companies also pay off the bad reviews to get them taken off. When I moved the company I found had outstanding reviews on Yelp. Well all was good until they dumped my large gun safe on its face. They had insurance but at the end of the move the driver tried to give me $50 bucks off the move. Its a several hundred dollar safe so I said that wont work. I was told to call the office in the morning and they would start the insurance claim. Well after weeks of me calling and not getting a call back I took to Yelp and slammed them hard. Wouldn't you know that within a few hours I got a call. The asshat wanted to come see my safe in person even though I sent all the pictures as I was instructed.

He came out and tried to blame it on me because the safe turned out to be heavier than they move. No limit was given to me and I made sure they understood I had two gun safes that were really the main thing I needed moved. I stood my ground and he said he would file the claim and wanted to know when the company could pick the safe up. I asked why they would need to do that and he explained that you get paid the whatever cents per pound but the insurance company takes the damaged item. These was going to leave me out with a several hundred dollar loss. I hit the roof.

Finally after a good argument the guy agreed to write me a check for more than the insurance company would have paid and allowed me to keep the safe. The catch was I had to remove my review. I wish I had enough money at the time to say forget it and just take the loss but I didn't. I removed the review and he cut me a check.

I will never use Yelp again.

11. tpgarage

tpgarage New Member

2012 Cross Roads
    That's too bad that you had a bad experience. I had a different experience with them. I bought a XR last Oct from San Antonio, TX and had it shipped to my home in Indiana. It took a couple of weeks but the bike arrived in great shape. The truck driver was friendly and professional. He was a rider, too. Now, the lady in their home office was a different story. I called after the bike had left the dealership in Texas to find out when I should expect the bike. She couldn't give me an exact date and was kind of rude about it. Before I had bought the bike, I called them to find out pricing and shipping times, but they wouldn't tell me anything specific. So, their home office is not that great to deal with, but the actual shipping was good. It actually took about four days less than their "estimate". They were definitely the cheapest. Like they say you get what you pay for.

12. Ariesnc

Ariesnc Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Next time go on Uship. I used a shipper once on there and I have no complaints, for when I purchased my hammer out of state. Next time you may want to view the reviews of the shipper and research them before picking one. Sorry you had a bad experience.

• Like Like x 1