VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I await your review. We are talking about a bug-a-salt gun right? Been wanting one but wanted to hear from some one that has one.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I love how one of the bullet points on the box is
* Will not splatter fly

:D :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the post! I read it and it reminded me that I NEED one of these...so I just ordered one! I'll be piling up so many dead flies...the next thing I need might be a recipe book?

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one complaint I have is each time you cock it, it resets the safety... so you have to switch the safety off for every shot... kind of a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I had never heard of these before. One question tho... how could anyone just buy one of these? Seems like they would be more fun with a friendly competition out on the patio along with a few adult beverages!

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I have seen the commercial, but I too was waiting for a review! I might go ahead and get one now. Thanks, HC!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You got the long range defense now you need a melee weapon.. one of those electrified fly swatters will do! Just don't smack Puss with it...
Don't pee on it either.....

The salt rifle looks like it would be fun. Personally I like using the little propane torches,... it turns the flys into little smokey crispy raisins as they fall out of the air.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
It’s like the phenomenon that always occurs when you buy a new snowblower in the winter but there is no more snow.

·
6,677 Posts
Word is out in the bug community... they know about you, HC. You will have to extend your range now!

Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm 8 flies, a spider, and 2 big black ants into the experience. If you are 16 to 18 inches away it kills instantly. If you are farther away it doesn't kill them, it f**ks 'em up, but not a kill.

We shot each other from like 16" away. It stings a bit, but no biggie. A barrel contact shot might break the skin a little, but unless you shot yourself in the eye, point blank, I don't think it would hurt you.

It is fun. It was especially fun shooting Puss in the foot.... but I had to let her shoot me back.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Throwing salt in the wound? :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
6,677 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.