VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha from Hawaii-
I successfully moved the entire family out of the danger zone. I only live about a rocks throw from Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. Can't get any low line than that.
We are all safe and enjoying each others company and making use of this time to spend quality time together even as the events are unfolding in front of us as we speak. They are saying that it will be a very long time before we get the all clear.
11:05am is the first predicted hit to Hilo on the Big Island, (Farthest East city) with a domino effect heading West. It's 8:15am right now and all is well. I'll keep in touch when all this comes to pass.
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Hey Dave,

It's great to hear from you and that you and your family are now on higher ground.

I'm sure that I speak for others that we consider you to be Family here and that we all hope that you remain safe.

FYI, the cable networks are providing wall-to-wall coverage of the potential Tsunami and we're watching your back.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I'd hate to be anywhere near the island right now as a just in case. Old adage, stay smart, stay alive.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pali look out is packed!! My sister lives right below it.

This is turning out to be quite the gathering. The kids are having a great time playing with each other. Lots of food, drink and even brought my generator. (just in case)

When I got word of the tsunami at 5am, I woke my wife up to get the Ness to higher ground. I had to act fast before the kids got up. Only took us 30 minutes, but my wife called me nuts. :)

All is well. The count down is on. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Watching dnn now and they say that the first waves could hit any minute now. Hope all is well for you and hope its nothing more than a splash.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Glad all are safe. Surf's up wax the board

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well, it's just about 1pm Hawaii and we're still alive.
My condolences go to the peolpe in Chile. Wishing them all the best and a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
davelau said:
Well, it's just about 1pm Hawaii and we're still alive.
My condolences go to the peolpe in Chile. Wishing them all the best and a speedy recovery.
Hey Dave,

The news is reporting that Hawaii Dodged A Bullet!

Now you can go back to taking some new photos of your bike!

(Don't forget the backgrounds!)

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Dave,
Glad to see that you guys dodged the bullet....hopefully the really big wavesmiss Asia as well. Enjoy the family time together.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Glad you are safe.

I rented an HD Fatbob while working on the base last fall. Way too much vibration but the worse part was the suspension, my back hasn't hurt like that in over 12 years. Every expansion joint beat me to hell. Would have given my front teeth to have rented a Vic there.
Hope the rest of your stay is better.

They are doing a massive facelift to the Memorial. It was fun walking through the old diesel boat after building nuke subs for 20 years.

Sorry not meaning to steal your thread.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Whew........glad to hear things worked out for Hawaii

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

My hands also would fall asleep while riding my 09 Ultra. Does not happen on my Vision, but you knew that already. Both bikes have vibration but the Ultra got gobs of it. Can't hide something like that. Seems HD didn't really want to fix that for the past....10, 20, 30 years? They still sell a ton of bikes. Love my Vision.
The last time I checked, Alaska was still there and doing fine. Just hope Mother Nature takes it easy and rests for a few more couple thousand years.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Glad you are safe!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.