VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced their saddlebags popping open when on the road? Mine has done this a few times now and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. If so, what did you do to remedy the latch? Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,398 Posts
Make sure the spring is tight and pulling the latch back into place.. Also check to see if there is alot of play in the bag when you close it... it has about 1/4 " or so when you push on it.. but it should be a little hard to close. Might just need an adjustment.

·
Registered
8 Posts

hmd520 said:
Make sure the spring is tight and pulling the latch back into place.. Also check to see if there is alot of play in the bag when you close it... it has about 1/4 " or so when you push on it.. but it should be a little hard to close. Might just need an adjustment.
Make sure not to over tighten the catch on the door, or you'll never get it open again. Mine popped open on me twice in the first 2000 miles, I adjusted it and it seems to be better, we will see as I am heading out on a 2000 mile trip up to Calgary this weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!! I ride in all kinds of weather, so if it's crudded up it is my fault. I will check the adjustment on the latches. We have been experiencing a LOT of wind so it may be a wind related issue. Thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.