VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody has put the saddlebag lid liners in yet. The mesh ones that hold little items instead of them floating all over the saddlebag. If anybody has I was wondering how they attach to the inside of the lid. Do you like them?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I purchase a small mesh bag from a sporting goods store along with marine grade velcro for about $15. and fastened it under the lid. This will be good for the reg and insurance card, etc. (light weight stuff). I also purchased the custom embroidered bag liners from TLC ($50.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a set about a month ago. The sides of the nets are held in place by a couple of clip/pins. Test fit one of the nets in the saddlebag. You have to stretch them quite a bit to get them into the ideal position. Mark the front and back of the bag where you need to drill the main mounting holes.I read some posts where the guys removed the lids because you can't fit a regular drill in at the angle/position needed to drill the holes. I did not want to go through the hassle of removing the lids. I used a soldering iron to meltholes in the correct positions for the pins. I then used the drill bit size listed in the instructions and twisted it by hand until the holes were drilled. Take your time placing the velcro tape. Attach the clips to the front/back of the nets. Stretch and attache the nets to the velcro.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
you have to drill holes in the bag lids to add the mesh liners?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The_Captain said:
FYI,
I ordered the emboideredsaddlebag liners from TLC for my CC saddlebags.
They have inside pockets, etc. and I was suprised how well made they are for $49.
Hey captain - how well did they do on shaping the liners to match the saddle bags? Would you say they are the same as the Victory liners (shape and size).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Woody63 said:
The_Captain said:
FYI,
I ordered the emboideredsaddlebag liners from TLC for my CC saddlebags.
They have inside pockets, etc. and I was suprised how well made they are for $49.
Hey captain - how well did they do on shaping the liners to match the saddle bags? Would you say they are the same as the Victory liners (shape and size).
I'm not Captain but I think they did a pretty good job. I didn't actually fill mine up with stuff but I did puff them out and drop them in to check the shape and it looked pretty good. As Captain said for $49 they are pretty well made with lots of interior pockets and the embroidering was pretty nice also.

·
Registered
239 Posts

These liners are shaped pretty much like the factory liners and fit into the hard bags very well in my opinion. Considering the price, they fit perfectly!
They do cost more than a hefty bag but then they are emboidered. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The_Captain said:
These liners are shaped pretty much like the factory liners and fit into the hard bags very well in my opinion. Considering the price, they fit perfectly!
I am sold, I'll be ordering these for my bike!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The_Captain said:
+1

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just picked up my lid liners today and they attach with velcro. I will put up some pics as soon as I have a few other things finished on my bike!.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I went to Walmart & bought pencil bags for a 3-ring binder, that the kids use for school. $1.00 each and attached them anywhere I wanted with stick on Velcro. Work Great !!!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts

I got them. They're not big enough for a wallet or cell phone. Which is the main reason I got them...........
I put my registration, chewing gum and other small items.
They should've made them wider.............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.