VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I just noticed that one of my saddle bag grommets is missing. Does anyone know what size they are, and can I get a generic off the shelf replacement from Ace Hardware or Auto Zone? I'd like to replace all eight.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You can find the parts number here Browse

But I bet you can find what you need at Ace. Only "grommet" I see in the assembly is for the powerlet (item #9). All other locations show rubber washers (item #4).

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't describe what I'm asking about clearly. The previous owner changed out the 1/4 turn fasteners and installed bolts. There is a spongy grommet and washer under the bolt head inside the bag, and another grommet between the bag and the bike's bag attaching point. Eight grommets total. Does anyone else have grommets installed there? The ones between the bag and bike are a real pain to put in. Is there any danger of the bags cracking if I remove the grommets?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I didn't describe what I'm asking about clearly. The previous owner changed out the 1/4 turn fasteners and installed bolts. There is a spongy grommet and washer under the bolt head inside the bag, and another grommet between the bag and the bike's bag attaching point. Eight grommets total. Does anyone else have grommets installed there? The ones between the bag and bike are a real pain to put in. Is there any danger of the bags cracking if I remove the grommets?
Not sure if it compares, but I have the XR bags on my KP. I used the witchdoctor's bracket to mount them. To mount them closer to the rear fender, I had to remove the stock rubber grommets. I do have some larger washers on the inside to spread out the weight, and they have worked fine for years. The XC bags are heavier, so I would recommend something on on the inside so that the weight isn't supported just at the bolt head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.