VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the threads for someone who has the S&S Intake installed on the Jackpot. I'm planning on upgrading the intake when I put the new pipes on.
If anyone has pictures of the S&S intake please post them so I can see the look first.
Many Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts

Me too! I understand the Smith's map is the best.
If I install the intake - will the bike run well enough to get it to shop to have it mapped [this is my first injector - carbs were easy].
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
i fitted it to my jackpot its an awsome bit of kit but its a bastard to fit you have to cut the standard air box out as it is fitted in the frame before the engine goes in.
but its worth the greif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
Me too! I understand the Smith's map is the best.
If I install the intake - will the bike run well enough to get it to shop to have it mapped [this is my first injector - carbs were easy].
Depends on how far you are from the dealer and if your pipes have full heat shields.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Sutherland said:
Question
What has heat sheilds got to do with it, weather they and full or not
Regards
You will be running lean and if you dont have heat shields the pipes start blueing real quick. I found that out the hard way with my Ness pipes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
dsjr70 said:
SofaKingBlue said:
Me too! I understand the Smith's map is the best.
If I install the intake - will the bike run well enough to get it to shop to have it mapped [this is my first injector - carbs were easy].
Depends on how far you are from the dealer and if your pipes have full heat shields.
I GOT THE AMS FROM HACKER PIPES ITS PLUG AND PLAY AND YOU CAN ADJUST IT TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS IT WORKS FINE FOR ME GOT MORE POWER BETTER ROLL ON SPEEDS NO JERKIN AT LOW REVS AWSOME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lloydtuk said:
i fitted it to my jackpot its an awsome bit of kit but its a bastard to fit you have to cut the standard air box out as it is fitted in the frame before the engine goes in.
but its worth the greif
Post a picture if you can. I'd really be interested in knowing how it looks sitting on the side of the bike. I know the performance upgrade will be spot on as long as one adds pipes too. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
MtnRider said:
lloydtuk said:
i fitted it to my jackpot its an awsome bit of kit but its a bastard to fit you have to cut the standard air box out as it is fitted in the frame before the engine goes in.
but its worth the greif
Post a picture if you can. I'd really be interested in knowing how it looks sitting on the side of the bike. I know the performance upgrade will be spot on as long as one adds pipes too. Thanks
A pic really isnt going to help you. The great thing is you dont see it so that big cylinder shines!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dsjr70 said:
MtnRider said:
lloydtuk said:
i fitted it to my jackpot its an awsome bit of kit but its a bastard to fit you have to cut the standard air box out as it is fitted in the frame before the engine goes in.
but its worth the greif
Post a picture if you can. I'd really be interested in knowing how it looks sitting on the side of the bike. I know the performance upgrade will be spot on as long as one adds pipes too. Thanks
A pic really isnt going to help you. The great thing is you dont see it so that big cylinder shines!
Yeah, now I see (or don't see) what I was looking for. I was concerned it was going to hang off the side of the bike stealing attention away from the beauty of my lines.
I found some good pics of one installed on a kingpin thath7wae14t has in his gallery. Hope it helps others too, check out his pictures, beautiful KP too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
MtnRider said:
dsjr70 said:
MtnRider said:
lloydtuk said:
i fitted it to my jackpot its an awsome bit of kit but its a bastard to fit you have to cut the standard air box out as it is fitted in the frame before the engine goes in.
but its worth the greif
Post a picture if you can. I'd really be interested in knowing how it looks sitting on the side of the bike. I know the performance upgrade will be spot on as long as one adds pipes too. Thanks
A pic really isnt going to help you. The great thing is you dont see it so that big cylinder shines!
Yeah, now I see (or don't see) what I was looking for. I was concerned it was going to hang off the side of the bike stealing attention away from the beauty of my lines.
I found some good pics of one installed on a kingpin thath7wae14t has in his gallery. Hope it helps others too, check out his pictures, beautiful KP too.
sorry mine fits under the fuel tank not on the side
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top