VOG Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Do keep us up to date on how this works out. I am interested. I installed my own unit on another bike. Started with a blank fairing, then built it as I wanted. I really like the head unit having USB port and other capabilities. Beats the hell out of the I-pod.

Reactions: DAVEofSAC

·
Registered
53 Posts
Iam going to start installing stereo in Dec. So I well post pics on anything thats is a little harder to do .

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Seems like it would be a fairly cheap upgrade I'd like to see the outcome as well. If they get the hand controls to work with the head unit that would be even better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would look at installing a single din Media player in it they don't play CD's so there about half the depth of a normal radio but still fit the same opening.

·
Registered
963 Posts
After watching his video about this piece it looks like they have an adapter coming out for hand controls. Also i believe Dustin did one for his Sykotic Customs double din setup on his orange bike redo. i'm sure most steering wheel control adapters matched to your stereo that you are using could be made to work.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Seems like it would be a fairly cheap upgrade I'd like to see the outcome as well. If they get the hand controls to work with the head unit that would be even better.
Hey JW, I'm guessing your travelled states map shows that you rode Route 66. Am I right?

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Hey JW, I'm guessing your travelled states map shows that you rode Route 66. Am I right?
I have ridden on parts of Route 66, but that was not the original plan just happened. The map is that way from driving up to Michigan from Texas last year, and to California from Texas this year. My goal is to eventually drive thru all of the 48 states.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Next time you go to Michigan, go tenn., ky, ohio. Better riding, a few more mountains and don't have to ride that looooonnnnngggggg Boaring stretch of Hwy 55. Worst road I've ever been on.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I would rather have a CB radio in there.
As long as it doesnt mess with the air flow from the shield.

I would think someone must be close to a power wind shield by now?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My question about this innovation is.....what will this do that the stock radio will not? I like the possibilities of blue tooth I am just not sure what they are? Can a radio output to a headset? What other options are made possible?

·
Registered
963 Posts
It will open any possibility of running a cost effective xm/Sirius, Bluetooth gps etc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Allow you to use a radio with good sonic quality and make it easier/better to hook to an aftermarket amplifier.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Only limitation is the quality of head unit and it's features.. Really good ones out there that have all the features and hook ups. xm, siri, Ihart, bluetooth, ipod/iphone, pandora, windows media, multiple outs, bass separation, CD, usb and more. I put the KDC-BT558U Kenwood unit in another build, it has all the above. And the highest output and best sensitivity and frequency response for a marine unit single din.

Reactions: cc_rainman

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
This looks pretty good. I think a lot of vendors will be putting out products like this especially if the price isn't high. I think victory is probably getting beat to the punch so older Victory bikes will have options besides trading it in when the new radio/ infotainment comes out .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.