VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just picked up a 106 engine from a wrecked bike. Seems complete with harness, ecm, switches. Not a single clip broken that I can tell. I need to figure out how to test run this before I go any further with the build. It will be going in a 1972 Harley Davidson golf cart limo. Has anyone made a custom harness for testing, or am I over complicating this? I will have to source a fuel pump I think. I would appreciate thoughts on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Isn't a hardly motor powerful enough to drive a hardly golf cart?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Jaw News Font Sleeve Photo caption

Above.....

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Hello all. I just picked up a 106 engine from a wrecked bike. Seems complete with harness, ecm, switches. Not a single clip broken that I can tell. I need to figure out how to test run this before I go any further with the build. It will be going in a 1972 Harley Davidson golf cart limo. Has anyone made a custom harness for testing, or am I over complicating this? I will have to source a fuel pump I think. I would appreciate thoughts on this. Thanks.
See this site and thread, I will attach the picture of his victory wirering harness

custom vic chop from soggy UK

Wood Font Screenshot Engineering Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Huh ? Follow a Victory motor going into a Harley sticker golf cart ? WTF. I call Troll.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Don't you do it. Don't you dare. Go find a fuking sportster motor or something.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
If victory engines are so great, I think the more places they find homes, the better for everybody. I mean, people are already confused when they see my bike... "is that a harley?"

Reactions: rdeerx

·
Registered
610 Posts
Im looking forward to seeing this build.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Plug everything up, positive goes to red, negative goes to black, give it fuel.... hotwire key switch, no bcm or bull**** security, fire, caution will bounce like a mother of you don't strap it down good... Luck nastrd 100 bucks I paid 900 for mine...

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
That's going to be one fast golf cart!
It would be a very good idea to upgrade the the pressure plate and heavy duty spring to a Barnett unit so the clutch will live longer. The factory spring is barely adequate.

If you want to keep the Vic living a long life you must warm it up completely every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.