VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing a slight rubbing feeling in the front end of my bike at low speeds coming to a stop. With the front brake on I rocked the bike back and forth and could here a slight click coming from the stem area. I put it on a jack and got the front tire off the ground so I can see if the bearings are sloppy. My wife holding the bike (from the back not touching the bars) I held the forks and slowly moved them side to side. It felt smooth in both directions. I then pushed on the forks back and forth to see if there is any slop. None that I can feel. I took off my Bullet Fairing and rocked it back and forth with the brake on. Not as much if any clicking. I think the clicking may have been coming from the hardware holding the fairing as the clicking is not as loud. All my wife could hear was gas sloshing around.
Any thoughts or ideas? Thinking of taking it to a shop and see what they think.

If you are wondering why my wife is listening it's because I am almost totally deaf in my left ear and my right ear aint so good either lol.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I would guess front tire. Check it carefully maybe a cord has shifted inside the tire.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The shop will probably get the front tire off the ground.
Check the front like you did.
Then will probably spin the wheel.
They might pull the front brake caliper & spin the wheel again.

Before paying a shop:
Leave the fairing off for a few rides.
If the problem goes away you have your answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.