VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of some help from guys that put RPW 2-1 pipes on a steel frame. Did you leave the heat shields off before install like it says? Did you take anything extra off besides the oil cooler? I’m having trouble figuring out how to get the header pipe in place. Thanks
I did some searching but can’t find anything in guys talking about actually fitting the pipes.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had my heat shields on,.. should have taped them up good first but oh well. Scratches give it character right??

Typically I will unbolt the peg mount on the right side and the oil cooler and let them both hang out of the way. I got the rear cylinder in place and only had to lightly tug at the front one to get it in place after that.

Make sure your exhaust gaskets are in place first.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Kept my Heat shields on and taped them up. Drop the right peg, get the rear pipe in first, and start the front pipe down toward the bottom of the motor, and work it upward toward the exhaust port. Patience is key ! And maybe a dead blow hammer to tap it into place ;) .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I managed to get them in place and all together. I went with working both pipes in together and they went right in. What is the torque on the studs to hold it to the engine? The only question is does this look right the collector heat shield sits over the taper for the muffler. Just dosnt look right to me, I know I need to fix the rear pipe shield but forgot to bring a flex head wrench home to move a clamp. Anybody ran into this?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.