VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum but haven't had any response. I don't have a tach on my bike and wanted to know what the level was at different speeds. I have a 5 speed, 100 ci V8B

So if you can remember, can you tell me what your tach reads at these speeds and tell me what gear you're in?

Thanks!

20mph
30mph
40mph
50mph
60mph
70mph
80mph

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

NikeBike said:
I posted this on another forum but haven't had any response. I don't have a tach on my bike and wanted to know what the level was at different speeds. I have a 5 speed, 100 ci V8B

So if you can remember, can you tell me what your tach reads at these speeds and tell me what gear you're in?

Thanks!

20mph
30mph
40mph
50mph
60mph
70mph
80mph
I can't help, mine's inKms

·
Registered
409 Posts
OneThumb said:
NikeBike said:

Thanks!

20mph
30mph
40mph
50mph
60mph
70mph
80mph
Ditto,

They put KPH on the US Models but they don't put MPH on the Canadian Models..
Do you think they are trying to tell us something??? >..:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OneThumb said:
It's not that hard, just take your reading in Kms and divide by 1.6. My bike only has Kph too but I figured there were more Americans on this board than Canadians. So for all you young Canadians who never heard of mph, let me rephrase the question.

What is your rpm level on a 5 speed, 100 ci engine at the following speeds and what gear are you in?

50kph =
60kph =
70kph =
80kph =
90kph=
100kph=
110kph=
120kph=

Go ahead now, let me know....

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

My questions back would be:
1. Why is this important information?
2. If this isimportantinformation, why not just buy a tach? The Victory tach is plug & play simple to install.
I have a tach, but my bike is a 6 speed with a 2 teeth smaller front pulley... it's not going toalign with your bike. Even if it would, at each speed there severalgears I could be in.
At 60 MPH I could be in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th gear.
At 100 MPH I could be in 4th, 5th, or 6th.
Honestly, I can't tell you what RPMin each gear at each speed... I would need an excel spreadsheet for that.As long as I'm someplace between 1800 and 5800 RPMeverything is cool, right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, a tach costs $250 and changes the look. I might still do it but haven't decided yet.

In the meantime, I'd like to know that I'm not revving the engine too high or for too long. I'm coming from an inline 4 Maxim 750 with a 9500 redline. I regularly roll it up to 7,000 rpm. Is that a good idea with a Victory bike? Looking at your sig, that's not even possible due to the rev limiter. The "recommendations" in the owner's manual for gear changes is very low and probably aimed towards minimizing fuel consumption

I hope I don't give people the wrong idea that I'm expecting them to quote their stats at all their speeds. I'm hoping to get a few people chiming in on what their reading is in different gears. I can start doing the math myself.

5th Gear on my maxim was nearly 1:2 so if I was travelling 80kph the tach would be at 4,000. But I'm in the dark with the Victory. That's all.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Get a tach on e-bay the are 158. As long as you do not hit the limiter, shift it when you want. Remember it's a Cruiser and not a sport bike. I shift my 95/5 Pin differently all the time depending on the situation all with no Tach.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Roughly, from what I can remember. 2004 Victory Kingpin, 92 CI Stage One pipes, S&S filter

20 MPH : 1st gear : 3000 RPMs
30mph : 2nd gear: 2200 RPMs
40mph : 3rd gear: 2200 RPMs
50mph : 4th gear : 2200 RPMs
60mph : 5th gear : 1900 RPMs
70mph : 5th gear : 2900 RPMs
80mph : 5th gear : 3200 RPMS
90mph : 5th gear : 3600 RPMs
100mph: 5th gear : 4100 RPMs
110mph: 5th gear : 4600 RPMs

I usually do not rev past 5000 RPMs and I am really booking at this point. Power starts to fade significantly around 5200 RPMs, so no need.

115 MPH is as fast I have gotten her up (one long burst and several red light to red light type burst)and she was about 4900 RPMs and had more if I wanted to go. I didn't, so she didn't.

The weird thing is if you have the right tires on your bike and they are balanced properly, she actually rides as good at 90+ as at 70. I am amazed at how stable this bike is at 100 MPH. On good asphalt and with good tires (as mentioned), the bike literally feels like it is floating on air; not in a bad way but a very good one)!

P.S. I have spoke wire wheels and the rubber I am using is Bridgestones. Tried the stock Dunlops and they were great on straightaways, Avons, and Bridgestones. Dunlops in the twisties, did not inspire confidence.

This is the second set of stones, if that tells you anything about my preference. I liked the Avons, but they wear quick and if you are breaking in the rain, you will be in for a treat when that rear end slides on you. Stick like glue on dry days in the twisties, but the stones are almost as good, they wear a little longer and do not scare me sh*tless when I have to break hard (due to some stupid cell phone wielding cager) in the rain! I had the Avons slide on me one too many time to want another set. But in dry weather, they were really good!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Bikeriderga,

Which Bridgestones are you using?

I am looking for something better than the Dunlops.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.