ROUGH and Racked Brain!!! | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

ROUGH and Racked Brain!!!

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Bomb461, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    '14 XC, '95 FLHT
    same as stock.
    just new

2. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    yup, doing that tonight, with disconnect!

3. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    I use the same place since I've owned. They have the good stuff... and its on its own pump. Aside from when on the road, that's it. Was their sauce in the tank. Never know tho!

4. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    Yeh, EVERYTHING I've heard is him or Ry! That is certainly the way, if its the PCV!

5. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    we do the audio stuff, so MY FIRST STOP was battery, terminal. It was new this season and testing perfect on digital! These things will show you some END OF THE WORLD times, on a loose terminal! Def not like my life long, carbbed HD stuff, I was used to! I found out quick about the RPMs on DAY 1 as well! Woo...that was weird running a twin high...and LOVE IT!

6. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    many of the same issues? With the pinched coil wire, I was not sure how much the lack of rear spark could have lea to the PCV issue...but, being electrical, and well known PCV issues, not a huge surprise if it were!

7. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    Thanks so much to all who have spent time getting on and making recommendations! This Vic family has always proven as superior as our bikes! I will keep chipping away and keep all informed! That gas smell is def leaning me to the obvious. May be time to sell an AK or AR to get this squared away!
    We opened a gym in Jan, and like so many others hit hard business wise, it was only two months to kick our asses, up over our shoulders, with the COVID. Stings being one of my go to releases, as a 100% disabled veteran! As many agree,, it gives me my MENTAL COUNSELING! No riding is terrible...especially as I own my dream bike, at 6'4" 245! Can't go back to the little bikes, like HD and Indian! Even after nearly 30 years of riding them! So. I hope I can clear this easier than not.
    I have faith in my creator, its just a bump.
    THANKS AGAIN! More to come!

• Like Like x 3
  8. kaitiff

kaitiff Well-Known Member

14 XC/07 KPT
    I don't think I mentioned it before, but that white XC is shithot my friend. I searched high and low when I decided to buy.. ended up going the opposite end.. 2 tone black and dark blue. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
  10. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    As @Im12stepin likes to say...BLACK IS FASTER!

11. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    NGKPR6E. Didnt know there were different stockers. With Taylor Spiro Pro wires. Ive used since I bought and changed. Jon recommended, so I went with. Not because they'd be a performance upgrade, just a solid option. Saved stockers.

12. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    ANEW TWIST...NOT getting spark again, on rear cylinder. Had it when replaced the coil, and put back together. I guess that is why it initially sounded/felt better...then got worse. Damnit!

13. mastrblastr

mastrblastr Active Member

2011 Victory Cross Country Tour
    No spark on only one cylinder? Coil, coil wire, spark plug. Don't care if you have new ones or not. swap out ONE AT A TIME and check for spark again. If it had spark and then didn't, has to be one of the three, or an ECM.

14. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    yep. Did all, swapped everything. Wires etc were all checked replaced long before new coil! Always start with the easy!

15. Bomb461

Bomb461 Active Member

'14 XC, '95 FLHT
    WELL WELL VOGGERS...with no luck, to get some responses from those I trusted with my bike, I am happy/unhappy to report, WE HAVE AN ANSWER!
    It is NOT the main wiring harness that was pinched in the pic, as the first party that had thought! The ACTUAL wire that was pinched, as tracked last night, WAS THE PCV tuner wire! So, it WAS done so at tune...since it was NOT on, before the tune.
    Thank goodness as ONCE tore down and where I could get in and separate all of the spaghetti, THERE IT WAS. Unplugged the tuner, plugged back in the ECM. She went to full test, full hot pipe, full pressure! No fuel smell...no issues.
    A bit let down that those pics were shared with those involved in the tune that people lined up to get(as well as those same folks leaving other screws loose on my bike, an oil leak from cam install, a loose cheese wedge that blew off on the ride away from the tune area at the National meet where tune was done, the cruise control that wasn't hooked back up etc. Yes they fixed all when I rode back and pointed out the oil shower, etc...but the cheese wedge that didn't fair well with highway traffic! I could not have thought that this was something they would DO, and not even make a recommendation two weeks ago).
    All behind us now. Time for maximus and a new tune. Many thanks to all who jumped on to help. At least now I have torn down deeper into the bike and organized and sleeved and have more experience on my beauty.

• Informative Informative x 1