VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

The Victory roadshow was in town today and I decided to go ride the new 2011 Kingpins which I'm looking at. Was really impressed with the ride and performance of the new KP. While I was there I decided to also ride the new Crossroad and see how it performed as well. I know on the 2011's they both use the 106 engine but use the Stage 2 cams in the KP and use the Stage 1 cams in the CR. I was surprised there was a noticeable difference in the torque and power the KP had over the CR. Both were 2011's they were dragging around on the tour. Both are excellent bikes and to each his own. I"m still going with the KP, it's style is just a little more to my liking. By the way, I thought the transmission in the new 2011's for sure was smoother and had less backlash then the previous models I had ridden. Now have my name on the first 2011 Kingpin my dealer can get his hands on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though both bikes have the new 106 motor I felt without question the KP was making more power. The new literature says there is about 5 to 7 more horses in the power cruisers over the cross bike and I believe it. Now the KP is lighter than the cross but it sure pulled a lot harder if you cracked the throttle. When I got back to the dealers store I spoke with tech guy about it and he was surprised I could really notice a difference. But I was really getting into the power the new 2011 KP was making. I even took the KP back out the second time to see if I was crazy and the difference was for sure noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.