VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow havent been around here much but it's great to see this site is still going strong and i've been busy uot injoying this summer as much as i can wel now that the weather is starting to turn here in wis witch really sucks doesent seem long enough as my felow riders can atest to !! and as the white shister comes in i will get to injoy tis site once agian and get to my review on my first summer with my triumph rocket 3 classic see you all soon !!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Now that is just odd. This is my FIRST post ever and I ride a Rocket III Classic which has more muscle that anything I have ever ridden but I have signed up here to learn more about the "Vision". Then I see thisavatar and post about going the opposite direction it seems.
I'm open here, Vision owners tell me your impressions, PLEASE. Both bikes (Rocket III and Vision) are unique.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those triumph's are sweet and if I had a second bike I would look hard at them. I think it really depends on your needs in a bike. I drive mine as a daily driver. I am in the Army and need to haul a good amount of stuff daily. The capacity and comfortability of my vision along with the looks and handling in my opinion are second to none. If I drove a bike only on sundays or occasionally though I may have a different one.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I love Triumph's. I own two Bonnies a 79 sport and an 07 America. I test drove the Rocket in full dress and loved the power but I felt it was a bear to move around in parking situations.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I looked at a Rocket Touring (actually several bikes but the Rocket was one) before purchasing the CC. For me, I wanted an American bike (not that American was the primary purchasing decision) with a full fairing/electronics and enough storage for me and the boss. I really liked the sheer size and power of the Rocket.

It came down to an HD or the Vic and the amazing styling, power, fuel economy and utility of the Vic got my vote.

If I wanted a second bike for ripping around the streets, though, the Rocket, an M109 or a V-Max would be right at the top.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Jagular said:
I looked at a Rocket Touring (actually several bikes but the Rocket was one) before purchasing the CC. For me, I wanted an American bike (not that American was the primary purchasing decision) with a full fairing/electronics and enough storage for me and the boss. I really liked the sheer size and power of the Rocket.

It came down to an HD or the Vic and the amazing styling, power, fuel economy and utility of the Vic got my vote.

If I wanted a second bike for ripping around the streets, though, the Rocket, an M109 or a V-Max would be right at the top.
+1 on all of that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do like the look of the Victory bikes. I am long haul if at all possible type of rider. Around town does not do it for me. I am about riding, not being seen round the pubs and taverns. I really hate to stop for gas. I was interested in the handling characteristics of the Vision, steering, wind turbulence on the helmet, ride comfort over distance, and I am reading about any mechanical or quality control issues on the forum. The Rocket will stay in the "stable" because at my age, exhileration is a good thang and it provides all of the torque and speed I can handle but it is not necessarily a two up distance type bike. I prefer it solo but have a pillion to consider.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ozzman said:
I do like the look of the Victory bikes. I am long haul if at all possible type of rider. Around town does not do it for me. I am about riding, not being seen round the pubs and taverns. I really hate to stop for gas. I was interested in the handling characteristics of the Vision, steering, wind turbulence on the helmet, ride comfort over distance, and I am reading about any mechanical or quality control issues on the forum. The Rocket will stay in the "stable" because at my age, exhileration is a good thang and it provides all of the torque and speed I can handle but it is not necessarily a two up distance type bike. I prefer it solo but have a pillion to consider.
Sounds like your a good candidate for the Vision.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts

Ozzman said:
This Vision handles better then most bikes half its size, there is no buffeting issues due to the adjustable windshield, ride comfort is top notch for my height (5'9"). Take the trunk off and it feels just like a solo cruiser...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i can say that the vision will out perform the rocket in every aspect except for power i had the vision 8ball out a couple of weeks ago for a hour or so and fell in love with the comfort and handling i am 6"5 250 # and it felt really nice the power is ok but after riding a rocket for a year it was nice having all that power fun as hell but power is not every thing and the rocket just won't cut it for the long haul like a vic will so don't wonder about it just the vision hell its as ugly as the rocket is but comfy as all getup !!

·
Registered
868 Posts
The rocket touring was one of the bikes I tried prior to getting a vision. While the rocket was second best there was a list of things it lacked compared to a vision, some which could be added to a rocket from the accessory list and some would need to be adapted: Cruise control, sound system, height adjustable screen, top box, reverse gear, for instance. Other things were my personal preferance for a v twin, 6 speed, storage for two helmets (top box as mentioned above). Also worth noting was the touring rocket has a detuned less powerful motor compared to other rockets. I did like the big presence of the rocket and it was nearly $15,000 Australian dollars cheaper. For long hauls the vision would win hands down and if I wanted a second town cruiser I would go for a jackpot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.