VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back yesterday around 8 a.m. from a little ride out to Yuma, AZ. 2.5 hours, only 195 miles each way but it was a nice ride. The whole trip was so that I could go to a dentist in Los Algadones, MX. Unfortunately I needed a lot of work done to fix my face. I got 18 crowns, had 5 root canals done and 3 extractions. I was in the chair for 11 hours straight on the first day, but after 3 days the outcome is very good. All at a fraction of the cost of dentists here in the states. If my numbers are correct I got about $15000 bucks worth of work done for $4500.00. The dentists at Circle Dental Group where outstanding. Very clean and professional. I recommend them highly. I was only able to capture 1 photo while on the road. This is just outside of Gila Bend, AZ. around 6:30am. Just thought I'd share.
View attachment 494143

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
What an incredible savings on your dental work. I've had about 7 root canals, but the most I have had done at once was 2...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never been to TJ, nor do I want to. Algadones is very safe, there are over 300 dentists there along with pharmacies and optical stores. If you look it up on googlemaps satellite view you'll see a massive parking lot next to the border crossing on the US side, In the winter, that lot fills up with gringos and Canadians. The quality so far is top notch but time will tell the larger truth. I will say one thing though, I've had female dentists before but none as pretty as the two that worked me over. That takes a little sting out of the ordeal. I forgot to mention, that price also includes two partial dentures that I have to go back in a few weeks to get. They do the molds one day and they're ready the next so only two days to get it all done. But as is typical in Mexico, you can't take two steps without someone wanting to sell you something or offering their dental services. The office is only 1 block from the border but I'll bet you that I passed 20 dental offices and pharmacies on the way. That's what they do there.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Been there a few times with decent results. Did anyone speak English at the Circle Dental Group? I've gone to a couple where no one in the dental office spoke English so they had to find someone to translate. Kinda put me off on going there. Things could be better between the US and MX too. Did that have any bearing on how it was there? Are you a ******? It's important to remember it is another country and it does require a Passport or Passport card to return to the USA.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of the dentists and assistants spoke very good english although as they chatted while working on me they spoke their language, I'm ok with that. And to the other ?, yes, as the fallen snow. As far as crossing the border, I only had my drivers license and birth certificate. No problems the first 2 days but the last day the agent gave me a hard time but did not detain me. Everybody was real nice and professional, there was no animosity at all due to the relations between the US and MX, but then again I didn't know what they were saying most of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.